We have experienced the joys of a seamless reservation through a website. Be it airways, railroads, or waterways, ticketing has always been a hassle. Especially when you have to make sudden adjustments. One used to abhor the thought of lining up for hours to rectify or edit his itinerary. However, long gone are those days. With the modern implementation of technology, any travel service worth its salt actively employs a self-help, online booking management system. Thus, booking and managing said booking has never been much easier. Hence, if you are a frequent Air Canada flyer, then it is time to rectify some misconceptions and learn how to use Air Canada Manage My Booking service.
Air Canada: A Brief Introduction
Air Canada is the undisputed leader of commercial aviation in Canada. Be it by fleet size or passengers carried, Air Canada maintains supremacy. Operating from the borough of Saint-Laurent, Quebec, the airline is already 85 years old. However, it is still expanding, as even the Canadian government is hopeful for its future. The airline can ferry over 48 million users, and it makes more than 1600 flights daily.
How to Use the Air Canada Manage My Booking Facility?
Air Canada Manage My Booking service is very easy and straightforward to use. Given below are the various ways one can access it. Thus, we have included a step-by-step guide to showcase how to use Manage My Booking Air Canada tool. All you need to do is:
Steps to Manage Air Canada Booking Online
Customers can manage Air Canada bookings via the official website. The steps to follow are:
- First, go to the official Air Canada website or click on this to visit direct manage booking page – www.aircanada.com.
- After that, on the homepage, you will find different menus and tabs.
- You can use Manage My Booking on Air Canada in various ways.
- Either log in to your Air Canada Aeroplan account.
- Doing so will list all of your pre-booked flights.
- Or you can use the My Booking tab.
- Now, click on the My Booking tab on the menu.
- It requires relevant information. Such as:
- Booking Reference
- Passenger’s Last Name
- Fill in those required fields and click on Find.
- Now, on this page, you can access your pre-booked flight.
- Click on the flight to edict changes such as:
- flight change
- Cancel a flight
- Request for a refund
- Upgrade/downgrade your ticket
- Add/remove seats
- Buy meals
- Avail exclusive services
- Name changes on a ticket
- Once done, you can apply those changes accordingly by clicking on Continue.
- Then, if you are required to pay, the portal will transfer you to the payment window.
- Lastly, you can check your new itinerary.
Steps to Air Canada Manage My Booking Through a Mobile App
Similar to using Mange Air Canada My Booking on the website, customers can also download the official app and do so on their smartphones. The app is available on both the leading platforms, Android and iOS. All you need to do is:
- First, go to your mobile app store and search for Air Canada.
- Then download and install it.
- After that, click on the App icon to launch it.
- Here, Aeroplan account holders can directly log in and check their pre-booked flights.
- Or you can use the My Booking tab and enter the relevant details such as Booking reference and Passenger’s Last Name to search for your flight.
- Then you can make certain changes/customization to the pre-booked trip.
- These changes are:
- Flight change
- Ticket cancellation
- Itinerary upgrade. And any events relevant to these headings.
- After making the changes and confirming, you can use the phone to make payment and receive the new itinerary.
Manage Air Canada My Booking Through a Phone Number
Air Canada offers 24/7 customer support. Its representatives can help you with your reservations, but they can also help you to Manage Air Canada My Booking. All you need to do is call the customer support number which is +1800 102 8182 and ask for assistance. The agents also guide you along the management process.
What Changes Can You Perform With the Air Canada Manage My Booking Option?
ir Canada Manage Booking tool is a convenient way to edit your pre-booked flights. Now you can customize your flights in minutes. Things like changing the name on the ticket, date and time of the flight, canceling, upgrading seats, and availing services are made easy with Manage Air Canada My Booking. Certain examples are given below with an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide. Such as:
How to Cancel an Air Canada Flight via Manage My Booking?
Follow these steps to cancel your Air Canada flight with the help of Manage My Booking.
- First, go to the official website and log in to your account.
- You can also ignore the log-in and click on the My Booking tab.
- Then enter the relevant information, such as Passenger’s Last Name and Booking Reference.
- Now click on Find to locate your flight. Click on it to make changes.
- You will find the Cancel link on the page, click it.
- After that, you will be eligible for a refund under the Air Canada cancellation policy.
How to Change Your Pre-booked Air Canada Flight with the Manage Booking Service?
Similarly, you can use the Air Canada Manage Booking to customize your pre-booked flights. Follow these steps:
- First, go to the Air Canada website.
- Then click on the My Booking tab.
- Now enter the required information and click on Find.
- After that, click on your pre-booked flight to make changes.
- You can change the following:
- Name on the ticket
- Flight date and time
- Now employ those changes by clicking on Continue.
- In most cases, you will incur a fee. Head to the payment portal for fee submission.
- Once done, you can print out the latest itinerary.
How to Add or Remove Seats on Your Pre-booked Flight?
Adding and removing seats was never so simple. With Air Canada Manage Booking, you can easily customize your seats. Just follow these steps:
- First, go to the Air Canada website.
- After that, click on the My Booking tab.
- Then enter the following:
- Booking reference
- Passenger’s Last Name
- Click on Find.
- Now, click on your pre-booked flight.
- Then click on Change and edit the number of passengers.
- Fill in the relevant details and click on Continue.
- If you added new seats, the portal will transfer you to the payment check out.
- After you have paid the difference in fare, you can print out a new itinerary.
How to fix a Spelling Mistake/Change Name on a Flight?
Most of the time, an unforeseen accident can happen while filling out the airline ticket reservation form. Thus, there is a need to fix those spelling mistakes. Thankfully, Manage My Booking Air Canada can do it effortlessly. All you need to do is:
- First, go to the official Air Canada website.
- Then click on My Booking.
- After that, enter the relevant details like the Booking reference and the Passenger’s Last Name.
- Now, click on the Find button to initiate the search.
- From the list, select your pre-booked flight.
- Then click on Change.
- Now go to the section you want to edit.
- After you have made changes to the name, you can click on Continue.
- If you’re required to pay under the Air Canada Name Change policy, it will transfer you to the payment window.
- Lastly, your new itinerary is ready.
Air Canada Policies:
Any airline operates within guidelines. Air Canada also has its own set of rules and regulations that adhere to laws. It is for the sake of both the business and the user. What are these policies? Let’s find out!
Air Canada Name Change Policy
Air Canada’s Name Change policy dictates that:
- A name change can occur if there is a minor spelling mistake.
- A flyer can change the Last Name on the ticket under certain legal situation only.
- Changing your Last Name requires proof of the change, such as a marriage or divorce certificate.
- If the changes are made within 24 hours of initial booking, it will be free.
- Once it exceeds 24 hours, a fee of $60 will be levied.
- A name change can be done via the official website or by contacting the airline representative.
Cancellation Policy for Air Canada
Before canceling an Air Canada flight, you must know these guidelines:
- Any cancellation must be done within 24 hours of initial booking to enjoy a full refund.
- Cancellation 24 hours before the actual boarding time can still enjoy a partial refund and won’t incur any extra cancellation fee.
- The latest you can cancel is 120 minutes prior to the departure of the flight. But you won’t be eligible for any refund.
- A Non-refundable ticket won’t be awarded a refund.
Policy for Changing an Air Canada Flight
Passengers can make changes to their flight under the policy. It states:
- Any change must adhere to the policy.
- The customer has to bear fare differences due to flight changes.
- Not all flights are eligible for changes.
- Any modification done within 24 hours of initial booking is free.
- If necessary, Air Canada can incur change fees.
AC Manage Booking Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the Purpose of Air Canada’s Manage Booking Feature?
Ans. Air Canada Manage My Booking can make air travel easier. It has made editing a pre-booked flight simpler.
Q. What is the Best Way to Utilize Air Canada’s Manage Booking Tool?
Ans. There are several easy ways to approach this. You can use the Manage Booking Air Canada service official website or the mobile app. Or you can contact a representative over the phone.
Q. Can I reschedule my Air Canada flight?
Ans. Yes, you can edit your pre-booked Air Canada flights Manage My Bookings to make changes like change in name, travel date and time, layover, etc.
Q. How do I contact Air Canada customer service?
Ans. Visit the official Air Canada website and scroll down. You will find a bubble named Contact us. You can click it to activate live chat. However, you can also use the email to get in touch with manage my booking Air Canada representatives. Similarly, you can use phone numbers.