Air Canada offers Manage booking services to help the passengers with their reservations. But there must be a few mistakes made during such booking. For example, a passenger can misspell his name on the ticket. Then what to do? Is cancellation the only way out? Or do they have to go through a lengthy process and wait for weeks before their mistakes get rectified? Apparently not. You can change name on Air Canada ticket easily. In fact, Air Canada name change is so convenient that you don’t have to worry about anything like waiting.
Name Correction Using Air Canada Manage Booking Option
Manage booking is an essential tool that allows users to handle their pre-booked flights with easy. However, it isn’t limited to advance reservation. You can also use this feature to make certain change to your trip. And one such change that arise due to necessity is a name change due to spelling mistakes. Yes, you can change name on Air Canada ticket. But there are certain guidelines under the Air Canada name change policy that restricts some of these methods. For example if you want to use the official website, for Air Canada change passenger name then it has to be limited to a few letters.
Air Canada Name Change Online
- First, visit the Air Canada website.
- Then, you have two options:
- Either use the Aeroplan account to log in. And edict changes that way.
- Or continue using the website facilities as a guest user.
- Now, taking into consideration that not everyone has an Aeroplan account or is willing to use one. Let us continue as a guest.
- So, you have to locate the My booking tab on the home page.
- Or you can also click on the Plan tab. And from the drop-down menu, select My booking.
- Then, you have to input some relevant information to search for your pre-booked flight.
- This information is as follows:
- Booking number or ticket number
- And the passenger’s last name.
- Then hit Find and wait for the results to load.
- Air Canada change passenger name is now valid as soon as you click on the flight.
- After that, click on Edit name.
- Once you enter the correct name, you are done. However, remember that Air Canada name change doesn’t allow full name changes via the website. If you want to change the name (under valid legal considerations), opt for another method. The online mode is feasible for only a few letters.
- Lastly, the taxes, processing fee and Air Canada change name fee will get levied, if applicable, under the Air Canada Name Correction policy.
Change Name on Air Canada Ticket Via a Phone Call
The most sought-after method is still making a phone call to the airline representative. Because it is capable enough to tackle any scenarios or requests. Air Canada name change phone number is 1-800-548-3192. Call it and follow the instructions below:
- First, dial the Air Canada name correction/change number.
- After that, follow the on-call directives.
- Then wait for an airline representative to connect.
- Now, tell him your 6-digit reference code. You can also use your 13-digit ticket number.
- Then proceed with your request to change name on Air Canada ticket.
- The agent will ask you for a copy of legal documents supporting your claims.
- Then you will be asked to pay the fee for Air Canada change passenger name.
- Any difference in fare, if present, will be applicable.
Air Canada Name Change at the Airport
You can change name on Air Canada ticket at the airport itself. However, it is mostly done at the last minute. You can do so by visiting any Air Canada ticket counter or an automated Kiosk. But you will have to present the supporting documents at the site. Although, such corrections are reserved only for those who directly purchased the flight ticket. If done via a travel agent, you need to contact said person for any changes.
Air Canada Name Change Policy
You can change name on Air Canada ticket under the Air Canada name change policy 2023. It states that any Air Canada center name change will follow the directive, Such as:
- All published fares within Canada and operated by the Air Canada coalition are eligible for a name change.
- Similarly, all Latitude fares can qualify for an Air Canada change passenger name. And that too at zero fees.
- Although, the Business class lowest and Flex fares that have a Corporate Contract Number (CNN) or Air Canada Corporate Rewards (PN) tour code need to pay the $60 name change fee. For traveling to the US or on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge.
- However, any Business class Flex fare with a CNN or PN tour code can change the name for free if going to the US or on an Air Express flight.
- Normal Flex fares, that have been issued a CNN or PN tour code need to pay $60 for a name change if visiting SUN destinations. Or if on an Air Express flight.
- Just like that, if you made a booking through Air Canada’s official website or any approved partner (ac2u channel or GDS), then you can change name on Air Canada ticket.
- And yes, a name change can be requested on a code-shared and interline agreement flight partners. Although in the case of multiple flights, the change will be limited to only segments associated with Air Canada.
- If the ticket inventory starts with 014, only then can you request a change. Also, the flight must be operated by Air Canada.
- Any and all name changes can be considered a re-issue. However, any difference in fare will apply, along with valid taxes, processing fee, and a name change fee.
- If you initiate a name change, you can’t alter the flight date, time, or destination. Also, it isn’t feasible to change your date of birth and or gender.
- But then again, any minor changes are permissible to DOB and gender, but not via the Manage Booking.
- The airline offers free name change for any corrections up to three letters on a name.
- The Air Canada name correction policy doesn’t cover any other changes made to a reservation.
- The last name can be fully changed, but only under certain legal circumstances.
- However, such changes carry the burden of proof. Hence, passengers have to provide legal documents in support of their claim.
- Any name change within 24 hours of initial booking is free under this policy, but failing to do so can lead to a charge of $60.
- A full name change costs $200 as a base fee.
- You can also make last-minute changes, but no later than 2 hours before the scheduled flight.
- Any correction will take a minimum of 24 hours to reflect on your itinerary.
Air Canada Change Name on Ticket Within 24 Hours
As per the Air Canada name change policy 2023, any changes made within 24 hours are free of cost. You can even cancel the whole trip and rebook in case of a serious mistake. However, the only condition is it must be done within 24 hours of initial booking. But still, a difference in fare may apply.
Documents Required for Air Canada Name Correction
In case of a full name change due to legal considerations, one has to produce supporting documents. These documents include:
- Affidavit regarding the name change.
- A marriage license or certificate.
- Divorce decree, certificate.
- A court order
- Old government issued photo identification
- New identification documents
- Passport reflecting the recent change or supporting documents.
Air Canada Name Change Fee
The Air Canada change name policy states that:
- Any name changes within 24 hours of booking are free.
- Corrections up to three letters are free.
- Any full name change costs $60 to $160
- The fare difference will apply, and so will taxes.
- The different Air Canada fares are charged differently:
- Flex – $60
- Tango – $100
- Latitude – Free
- Business lowest – $60
- Business Flexible – Free
Important Points on Air Canada Name Correction Policy
A few points to take into consideration before attempting a name change:
- The government issued photo identification, and the name on the ticket must match after correction/change.
- A full name change needs supporting documents.
- No transfer of ownership is allowed.
- As per the policy, a ticket change is considered a reissue. Thus, you have to check in again and also the seat selection.
- No two fares are the same. So the difference will be charged to the new ticket.
- You can under no circumstance change both the first and last name.
- The last you can make changes is 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
Air Canada Name Change Policy FAQs
Ans: Yes, but on limited routes and fares.
Ans: Yes, if any changes are made after 24 hours or is longer than three letters.
Ans: No, the middle name is inconsequential.
Ans: Yes, you can switch first and middle name, but a fee will apply.
Ans: As per the name change policy, you can correct the middle name like others.
Ans: It takes a minimum of 24 hours for the processed change to reflect.
Ans: You can use the Air Canada Manage Booking, the customer care or Airport ticket counters/kiosks for processing the name change.
Ans: If the change is limited to three letters or done within 24 hours of booking, or you are traveling on a business flex ticket, then it is free.