Air Canada is the flag bearer for Canadian airlines. As such, there is a high expectation of quality service from the airline. Passengers love the Air Canada experience and even more the Manage Booking that allows them total control over their trips. Air Canada also facilitates rebooking services for changed or cancelled flights. To learn more about Air Canada rebooking, continue scrolling down.
Using Manage Booking to Rebook Flight Air Canada
Manage Booking can also serve as an Air Canada self service rebooking tool. Furthermore, it can also help passengers both online and offline. The feature has made rebooking smoother, easier and more convenient. Also, there are various methods one can avail this service. Such as:
Online Rebooking Tool Air Canada
You can always rely on Air Canada’s online resources to manage your flight. It allows passengers to change or cancel the flight within minutes. However, it doesn’t stop there as it can also enable rebooking of said flights. All that is needed is:
- First, go to the official Air Canada website.
- Then, click on My Bookings.
- Users can also use their Aeroplan accounts to log in and view their pre-booked flights.
- They can even rebook cancelled flights that way, which we will showcase further down this article.
- However, worry not as you can still make a rebooking without logging in.
- Now, enter your booking details, such as:
- Your booking reference or the ticket number alongside the passenger’s last name.
- Then, click on Find to locate your pre-booked flight details.
- Passengers should remember that rebooking is only possible after changing or cancelling a flight. Hence, you have to first modify your itinerary and then rebook it.
- Now, click on your flight details and select either to change your flight or cancel it.
- After you’re done with modifications, click on Rebook to proceed.
- The website will redirect you to the payment portal. A rebooking fee will apply, if possible in addition to the fare difference.
- After payment, your Air Canada rebooking will be done.
Rebooking a Flight Air Canada Offline at the Airport
Passengers can make use of the offline method for Air Canada rebooking a trip at the airport. But it is considered a last minute approach and also somewhat time consuming. Also, mostly those who miss a flight consider the airport option. Furthermore, an extra Special service charge will apply to any airport rebooking.
Air Canada Rebooking Phone Number
Air Canada rebooking phone is a popular choice. Many passengers rely on Air Canada customer care to rebook their flights. It is a convenient offline approach. All you need to do is call the Air Canada rebooking contact number and request a rescheduling. Follow these simple steps:
- First call the customer care at 1-800-548-3192.
- Then connect to the airline representative and request a rebooking on a changed and or cancelled flight.
- Lastly pay the rebooking fee.
Air Canada Cancelled Flight Rebooking
Air Canada flight cancellation rebooking is possible online. Follow these steps:
- First, go to the official Air Canada website.
- Then log into your Aeroplan account.
- After that go to Manage Trips and click on Cancelled flights.
- Now, select the flight you want to rebook.
- Here, you can manage your itinerary as if it is a new reservation. However, be advised that the rebooking must adhere to the Air Canada rebook policy.
- Once you are done click on Rebook Flight and wait for the website to redirect you to check out.
- Now, pay the relevant change fee, rebooking fee, fare difference etc.
- After that, your Air Canada rebooking is done.
Air Canada Rebook Policy
Air Canada rebooking adheres to a set of rules and guidelines that clearly state the following:
- Any rebooking within 24 hours of reservation will be entertained for free.
- Standard tickets and flex fares would have to pay the fee for any rebooking after 24 hours.
- Also, the fare difference applies if the rebooked flight is costlier.
- Only tickets bought directly from Air Canada will be eligible for rebooking.
- Similarly, the flights should be operated solely by Air Canada.
- No rebooking is allowed after the departure of the flight.
- As per the Air Canada rebook policy, an airline-initiated cancellation will earn you a free rebooking alongside, full refunds and compensation.
- In case of missed flights, the airline will try to rebook you on the earliest possible flight.
- However, if your connecting flight is the reason for you missing an Air Canada flight, then the airline is under no legal obligation to rebook you, and even if it does, rebooking charges will apply.
Air Canada Flight Rebooking Fee
- Passengers must be aware that a flight rebooking on Air Canada is only possible in the following situations:
- If the passenger changes the flight before departure.
- If the passenger cancels a flight before departure.
- If the flight change is due to destination.
- Or if the airline initiates a cancellation.
- In these circumstances the passenger has to pay the relevant change and or cancellation fee before rebooking.
- Although the airline offers free rebooking when it cancels a flight or if the flight is disrupted due to any event for more than 3 hours
Air Canada Rebook Missed Flight
Air Canada rebooking policy works in tandem with the missed flight policy. As such, the missed flight policy dictates the following:
- Any rebooking is subject to availability.
- If you miss a flight, you will only be rebooked if there are seats available on the next flight.
- Also, if the missed flight was the last flight of the day, then you will be rebooked for the first flight the next day.
- In case you are going to miss the Air Canada flight, it is recommended to inform the airline via call.
- No matter the reason, Air Canada will try its best to rebook you on a different flight in case you missed yours.
- If you are able to reach the airport within 2 hours of a flight departure, then you will be rebooked on the earliest flight at no cost.
- In the case of a missed flight, the rebooking can be slightly different. It means, while your destination will remain the same, the travel route and landing hub could be changed.
- If you want the travel route to remain the same, it is advised that you rebook the flight at the original fare class.
- If you fail to reach the airport within 2 hours of flight departure, the airline will mark your booking cancelled under the No-show policy.
- In case of special circumstances like a sudden illness, the airline will offer some rebate alongside a free rebooking.
Air Canada Flight Change Policy
Air Canada entertains flight changes. A rebooking is made when you make a change to your flight. Hence, under the Air Canada flight change policy,
- Any changes made within the 24-hour risk free period will be free of cost.
- Although after this window, the flight change fee will apply.
- Also, the changes must adhere to the various Air Canada policies.
- Furthermore, not all flights are eligible for all types of changes.
- Air Canada flight change fee fluctuates according to the fare type, origin and destination of your flight.
- Additional charges apply when you change your flight at the ticketing counter.
- You can make a change at the latest 12 hours before scheduled departure.
- Any fare difference will be charged after a change.
- Only tickets bought directly from Air Canada will qualify for any changes.
- No changes will be entertained after a flight departure.
Air Canada Same Day Flight Change Policy
You can make same day changes to your itinerary under this policy that clearly states:
- A separate Same day flight change fee will be charged for such changes.
- The rebooked flight must depart within 24 hours from the actual flight departure. Also, it should have the same airport and destination.
- The new flight must have the same number of stops.
- You can also opt for another airline in alliance with Air Canada.
- Same-day flight change and standby service are subject to the Air Canada Flight Change policy.
- Basic fares are illegible for same-day changes.
- The change can also be an earlier flight but with a difference of 3 hours.
- Aeroplan members aren’t required to pay the same-day change fee.
- The same holds true for those holding a refundable ticket.
Air Canada Cancel Flight Policy
Air Canada allows cancellations under its cancel flight policy:
- Any cancellations within 24 hours of initial booking will enjoy a full refund.
- You can cancel at least 24 hours before scheduled departure to enjoy at least partial refund.
- The latest you can cancel is 2 hours before flight departure but won’t be eligible for a refund.
- Any non-refundable ticket is not subject to a refund.
- After cancellation, you have a 60-day period to request a refund, otherwise you will only qualify for a partial one.
- A refund can take anywhere between 20 business days to 3 months.
- Any refund will revert to the original source.
- If you are eligible for an insurance compensation due to Air Canada cancellation, you will be illegible for any refunds.
- You don’t have to pay any cancellation fee if the process is done within the 24-hour risk-free window.
- A full refund will be granted on eligible tickets if there are 7 or more than 7 days left for the flight departure.
- In the case of a no-show, the airline will automatically cancel your flight with no refund.
- The cancellation policy only applies to flights that are yet to depart.
- Non-refundable tickets will only be refunded with credit or an alternate flight.
- If both scenarios aren’t to your liking, you can transfer the credits to your Aeroplan travel voucher, that doesn’t expire and is always transferable.
- Or convert it into mileage points with a 65% bonus.
Air Canada Same Day Flight Cancel Policy
As per the Same day flight cancellation policy, there are a few guidelines one should heed, such as:
- You can’t cancel a flight booked on the same day.
- The last you can cancel a flight is maximum 2 hours before departure.
- Furthermore, any cancellation can be done 24 hours prior to departure with a full refund.
- However, after that you will only qualify for a partial refund depending on your fare type.
- If you want to avoid any and all charges, it’s best to cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking.
- But then, such booking should have 7 or more than 7 days to scheduled flight departure.
- In case of a non-refundable ticket only travel credits will be refunded.
Air Canada Flight Rebooking – FAQs
Ans: Yes, under the Air Canada rebooking policy, you can rebook a changed or cancelled flight.
Ans: Yes, as per Air Canada rebooking, any changes made within the risk-free period will be free.
Ans: A flight change can cost anywhere between $75 to $250, based on the fare type and destination. For more information, refer to the Air Canada rebook policy.
Ans: Yes, you can rebook a flight. Although charges may apply as per the Air Canada rebooking policy.
Ans: Yes, flex fares are refundable and changeable.
Ans: It is always better to cancel a flight, even if you missed one. Under the no-show policy, your travel funds will be forfeit.
Ans: No, you can’t change such tickets, However, you can cancel and rebook them as per Air Canada rebooking.
Ans: The only way is to initiate a cancellation within the risk-free period.