Allegiant name change falls under certain rules and regulations. As passengers can request a name change on their pre-booked tickets, Allegiant allows a correction of up to 4 letters on either the first, last or middle name. However, that’s not all.
Allegiant Airlines name change also include the following rules:
- Any reward ticket is illegible for any name changes. The only recourse is to cancel and re-book the flight.
- The airline doesn’t permit the transfer of ownership.
- After a change, the ticket will be reissued. Hence, changes will apply.
- Only flights operated by or under Allegiant are subject to this policy.
- If the ticket conforms with multiple segments, the most restricted fares would be applicable.
- After the name change, you have to do seat selection and check-in once more.
- Although the airline allow a full name change, under legal obligations you can make those changes, but with the necessary documents.
- Any minor changes like rectifying a spelling mistake can be done via the official website. For critical changes, you need to contact the airlines through customer care.
- Middle name addition, removal or alteration is relatively easy as long as it matches the government issued photo identification. However, you have to pay the additional name change fee along with processing fee, taxes and any fare difference.
- Similarly, any titles, suffix or prefixes are easy to alter but the relevant name change fee will apply.
Allegiant Air Manage Booking options allow passengers to complete control over their travel. And it is a welcome approach, as many passengers often make mistakes during reservations. Name Change On Allegiant air ticket can be done using manage booking option using website or ask customer service representative to help. All possible methods to perform name change in allegiant air ticket are listed below:
Using Manage Booking for Allegiant Air Name Change
Manage booking is a self help service that allows Allegiant Airlines name change among other facilities. The service is fast, easy to adopt and convenient when it comes to making changes to a reservation. Hence, Allegiant name change is possible by utilizing it. How? By using online resources. Let’s take a look!
Allegiant Change Name on Ticket Using Website
If you want to make corrections on your booked ticket, all you need to do is:
- First, go to the Allegiant official website.
- Then locate the Manage Travel tab on the home page.
- Now click it and wait for the page to load.
- On the new page, you can fill in the relevant information to look up your pre-booked flight.
- The information required is as follows:
- By confirmation number:
- You have to enter the confirmation number you received at the time of booking along with the passenger first and last name.
- By Email:
- Similarly, you can use your email instead of the confirmation number. However, the email must be the same as used during reservation. And you will also need the Allegiant account password.
- By Credit/debit card details:
- Lastly, you can use the card details. Remember, the card must be the same you used for purchasing the ticket. You will also need the flight departure date and passenger name.
- By confirmation number:
- After filling in the correct information, click on Find my trip to locate your pre-booked flight.
- Then click on the flight to edit changes.
- Now, click on the Edit link near the name.
- Remember, you can only do minor corrections online. Any major Allegiant name change has to be done offline.
- Lastly, click on Confirm to submit your changes and pay the name change fee if applicable.
- However, a difference in fare will be levied accordingly.
How to Change Name on Allegiant Flight Via App?
Sadly, Allegiant doesn’t allow name changes on the mobile app, despite it being able to use Manage Booking. As it is also one of the online methods, it is limited in scope. And as such, it can only:
- Allow users to check in anywhere in between 24 hours to 45 minutes prior to departure.
- It can help with seat selection and priority access.
- It allows you to view and cancel your bookings as a fundamental Manage Booking service.
- You can also receive your Group pass on the mobile using this app.
- And lastly, it helps with a paperless screening.
Can You Change Passenger Name on Allegiant Offline?
Allegiant name change is possible and favored offline. It covers potential loopholes and provides a more wholesome service. Also, some corrections to Allegiant Air name change are only possible offline.
Allegiant Name Correction on Phone
The most sought after method is using a phone to get live assistance, You can contact the airline customer service on this number – (805) 900-8786 and resolve your query. All you need to do is:
- Call the 24/7 available number.
- Then follow the on-call instructions to connect to an airline representative.
- Now tell him the booking details of the flight you want to change.
- You may have to mail the soft cope of the information in case of a major change.
- Lastly, Allegiant Airlines name change is done.
Allegiant Airline Name Correction at the Airport
Another offline method for Allegiant Air name change is to contact the airline rep at the ticket counter and ask for assistance. You will need the booking details of the flight alongside legal documents in case of a serious change.
Allegiant Name Change Fee
Any Allegiant Airlines name change is subjective to corresponding fees. Under the name change policy, any said changes should:
- Be done within 7 days of scheduled departure of the flight. Failing to do so can land you in a NO-SHOW clause.
- A base fee of $75 will be applied per passenger on each change. But the difference in fare is subjective and only applicable under possible scenario.
- Any passenger on a Flex ticket will be exempted from said charges. However, the changes must be done within 7 days of scheduled departure.
- In case of major changes, the fee can vary from $175 to $200.
- Also, the processing fee and taxes are always applicable.
Allegiant Airlines Name Correction Policy
Correction is a bit different from name change. Although the Allegiant correction policy is a part of the name change policy, it directs minor corrections. As per the correction policy:
- Any flight with the stock number 014 and operated and marked by Allegiant is eligible for name corrections.
- However, in case of code-shared flights, only Allegiant segments are valid for any changes.
- Any correction within 24 hours is not possible. One has to cancel the whole trip and then claim a refund. Using the refund, one shall book a new flight with correct details. And the whole process is free, as Allegiant doesn’t charge anything for cancellation within 24 hours of booking.
- You can’t request a change in DOB under correction as it falls within the scope of the Name change policy.
- Minor corrections are also allowed mid-trip, as long as they match the government issued photo identification or passport.
- No other changes such as the travel date, time or destination is possible during name correction.
- One can’t change gender and DOB in one go. Separate requests are mandatory.
- Only one correction is allowed per ticket. Any more changes after a reissue will be subject to the name change policy, as it will be treated as a change and not correction.
Allegiant Name Change – FAQs
Ans: Yes, but it is limited to corrections. Any correction done within 24 hours of booking is virtually free. But name changes are not.
Ans: Yes, you can but only under certain legal obligations like marriage, divorce or a court order.
Ans: If the name on the ticket doesn’t match the government issued photo identification or passport, the passenger can be barred from boarding the flight.
Ans: Yes, as long as it is done 2 hours before scheduled departure. However, it can only be done offline by visiting the Allegiant ticketing counter.
Ans: The base charge is $75 for changes. However, a full name change can go up to $175 to $200. Also, the difference in fares and taxes will apply.
Ans: Any minor mistakes can be corrected via visiting the official website and utilizing the Manage Booking service.
Ans: Yes, you can change your last name due to marriage as it is a valid legal obligation. However, you have to produce the necessary documents in favor of the decision.