As the largest airline in Japan, All Nippon Airways (ANA) has established policies for making changes to flight reservations, obtaining refunds, canceling bookings and rebooking. For travelers flying ANA, being aware of these airline policies can ensure any needed adjustments to flight plans go smoothly.
ANA aims to accommodate passengers who need to adjust their travel plans. The airline permits ANA flight changes, refunds and cancellations for a fee, according to the original ticket fare rules. Travelers can alter ANA flight reservations online, by phone or at the airport.
ANA Change Flight Policy
ANA allows passengers to make date, time and routing changes to flight reservations for a change fee. Whether a ticket is eligible for changes depends on the original fare rule and fare type.
ANA Flight Change Policy Due to Voluntary Changes
Passengers can change ANA flights voluntarily for a fee of ¥10,800-16,500 JPY ($100-150 USD approx) per ticket. Changes must be made before departure and no less than 60 minutes before the original scheduled departure.
However, for tickets issued before April 1, 2022, the change fee is JPY 5,400 (USD 50 approx) per ticket.
ANA Flight change due to passenger illness/injury
If a passenger cannot travel due to a sudden illness, injury or death in the immediate family, ANA may waive the change fee once with a doctor’s certificate.
ANA Change Fee
- For flights within Japan: JPY 5,500 (USD 50 approx)
- For international flights: ¥10,800 – 16,500 JPY ($100-USD 150 approx)
ANA may apply fare and tax differences if the new flight has a higher price.
ANA same-day change is not permitted. All flight changes must be requested at least 60 minutes before departure.
How to Make Changes to Your ANA Flight Reservation
There are several ways to change or modify ANA flight bookings:
ANA Change Flight Online
Passengers can log into their ANA account online and use the “Manage Booking” feature to change flight dates, times, routing and more. The applicable change fees will be displayed.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the ANA website and sign into your account
- Click on “My Trips” and select your reservation
- Click “Modify” and adjust your flights as needed
- Accept the change fees and complete the change request
Changing ANA Airlines Flight Ticket via a Call
To modify an ANA reservation over the phone, contact the ANA call center at:
- Within Japan: 0570-029-222
- Outside Japan: +81-3-6741-1120
Phone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Notify the agent of your desired flight changes, and they will accommodate your request, if possible, per the fare rules. Change fees will apply.
ANA Airlines Flight Change at the Airport
Go to the ANA check-in counter or transfer counter to make same-day flight changes. Keep in mind changes must be requested at least 60 minutes prior to departure; otherwise, they are not permitted. Change fees will apply.
ANA Refund Policy
In addition to flight changes, ANA also allows passengers to cancel reservations and receive refunds if eligible based on the original ticket fare rules.
Voluntarily Canceling an ANA Flight
Passengers can choose to cancel their ANA flight reservations for a fee. The cancellation penalty depends on the original ticket fare rules. For most refundable tickets, the charge is usually ¥10,800-16,500 JPY ($100-150 USD approx). Canceling a non-refundable ANA fare results in forfeiting the total ticket value. To avoid issues, ANA requires voluntary cancellations to be completed at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
Involuntary Cancellations by ANA
Suppose ANA itself needs to cancel or significantly delay a flight for reasons within its control, such as aircraft changes or maintenance issues. In that case, the airline will rebook passengers on the next available flight free of charge.
ANA will also provide hotel accommodations, if needed, due to the delay or cancellation. Meals, refreshments, internet access and phone calls may also be provided.
Refunds on Unused ANA Tickets
For unused, non-refundable tickets, no refunds are allowed. For fully unutilized refundable fares, passengers can request a full refund minus any applicable cancellation penalties and fees.
Partially used refundable tickets are eligible for a partial refund of the unused sectors. Refund amounts also consider any fare differences if the passenger used a lower fare class than originally booked.
Getting Refunds on ANA Flights
To obtain refunds on eligible ANA tickets, passengers can:
- Request refunds online via the ANA website
- Call ANA reservations to arrange refunds by phone
- Request a refund in person at the airport ANA ticketing counter
Refunds are typically processed back to the original form of payment within 20 days. Fare differences and cancellation/refund fees are deducted from the amounts credited.
Rebooking ANA Flights for Irregular Operations
When major ANA flight delays or cancellations happen due to unforeseeable reasons outside the airline’s control, such as bad weather or air traffic controller strikes, ANA provides rebooking assistance to impacted passengers.
Steps in the ANA Flight Rebooking Process
Here is how ANA handles major operational disruptions:
- Affected passengers are notified via email/text alerts, airport agents, or announcements of any cancellations or significant delays
- Passengers are automatically rebooked on the next available ANA flight to their destination free of charge
- ANA agents at the airport or on the phone can also assist passengers with rebooking options
- Hotel accommodations, meals, and amenities are provided to passengers facing extended delays/cancellations
- Passengers can opt for a full refund of the unused ticket value instead of being rebooked
- Any fare differences for rebooking on alternate flights are waived
- Baggage handling and transfers are arranged for disrupted passengers
By promptly rebooking passengers when major delays or cancellations occur, ANA aims to minimise inconvenience when irregular operations are unavoidable.
Conclusion & tips
- ANA permits voluntary flight changes and cancellations for a fee according to ticket rules
- Review ANA’s policies before booking to understand any restrictions
- Be aware of change/refund request deadlines to avoid issues
- For emergencies or involuntary cancellations, ANA can waive fees
- Contact ANA via web, phone or airport counters for reservation support
Understanding ANA’s policies for flight changes, cancellations, rebooking and refunds can help travellers navigate any needed adjustments smoothly. Check directly with the airline if you have any other questions.