A passenger can change British Airways flight online with ease. All they have to do is to follow the steps detailed below:
- First, the passengers should go to the British Airways official website at britishairways.com
- Now, those with the Executive Club membership can log in and proceed to British Airways change flights.
- Or they can continue as a guest and click on the Manage tab.
- Here, the passengers should enter their booking details like:
- The six-digit Booking Reference Number that can be found on the email you receive at the time of reservation.
- And the passenger’s last name.
- Then click on Find My Booking
- After that, the passengers can click on their pre-booked trip and select Change Flight.
- Then, make the necessary changes and proceed to payment.
- Lastly, pay the fare difference and the change fee, if applicable and print out your new itinerary.
- You may also call their toll free number or the direct line (i.e. +44-208-638-7369)
Method to Change British Airways Flight Via Mobile App:
- Passengers can use the below steps to make a change to the flight via the Mobile app.
- Passengers can download the British Airways Mobile App on their Smartphone.
- Passengers can now open the application and provide their last name and their reference id.
- Once these details are entered the booking information is displayed on the screen.
- The passengers can press the modify button to amend the flight booking.
- Depending on the passenger’s requirement a new flight can be chosen.
- Passengers need to confirm and save the flight changes.
- Note: Passengers are not liable to pay British Airways Change Fee, however the variance in ticket price needs to be paid by the passenger.
British Airways Flight Change Fee
British Airways charges the flight change fee as per the mode of cancellation and not the fare type. Hence,
|Mode of cancellation||Mode of cancellation||Fare Type – Refundable||Fare Type – Non-Refundable|
|Via Phone call||Via Phone call||$25||$25|
|At the Airport||At the Airport||$35||$35|
British Airways Flight Change Fee Tips
To ease the financial pressure on passengers, the British Airways change fee has been waived off for the time being. However, a passenger traveling via British Airways needs to pay a variance occurring in the ticket prices due to change.
- If a passenger wants to make changes in their flight details like change booking, cancel the flight, or buy tickets for New flight they’re required to have paid a ‘ Service fee ‘ (charges to be paid for the processing of changes).
- Other charges might include a change fee, cancellation fee, or difference in the price of new fare.
Factors for These Changes are:
The country passenger is present while making changes and the flexibility of the ticket.
To Calculate Your Additional Fee Charges
Step 1: Click on the link given.
” https://www.britishairways.com/travel/service-fees/public/en_gb “
Step 2: There is an option named ‘calculate your fees’ where one will find a drop down box to select the country they’ll be in while making changes to their ticket.
Step 3: Next question will ask them if they’re purchasing, changing, or canceling their booking.
Step 4: Final step is to click on the box ” Calculate fees ” which will tell passengers about the additional price they’ll have to purchase.
British Airways Change Flight Policy [Updated Nov 2023]
The New British Airways flight change policy dictates the following:
- If a passenger has booked a ticket before or after March 3, 2020, he can do so without incurring a fee.
- These changes include:
- Flight Date changes
- Destination changes
- The airline will cancel your flight and issue a travel voucher that can be used for future bookings.
- These vouchers are valid till April 30, 2023, only.
- On rebooking:
- You don’t have to pay any fee.
- However, the fare difference must apply.
- If a passenger has booked a ticket before March 3, 2020, then:
- You can apply for date changes
- For destination changes:
- The airline will cancel and rebook the trip for you.
- It will provide you a travel voucher within 7 days that can be used for future reservations.
- Vouchers are valid for April 23, 2023.
- And when you use the voucher:
- No change fee will be levied
- But any fare difference must be paid for.
British Airways Flight Change — Terms and Conditions
To change British Airways flight one has to understand a few terms and conditions, such as:
- The revised policy is only valid for trips that are to be completed before 30 September 2022.
- However, BA will only entertain those tickets that have been booked directly from the airline.
- Franchise airlines do not comply under the same policy.
- Passengers should complete any change before check-in.
- Although these changes are free of cost, a fare difference will be applied.
- The vouchers rendered will be non-refundable and non-flexible.
- Although the passengers can use the same vouchers for Holiday bookings.
British Airways 24 hours Flight Change Policy
British airways change my flight can be done within 24 hours of purchasing the flight ticket without bearing additional cost for changes. If the tickets have been bought within 24 hours of purchase, the passengers can change their tickets absolutely free of cost. It applies to both refundable non-refundable tickets. This policy is called 24 hours Risk free period either you can change a flight or cancel a flight and rebook in future.
How to Change British Airways Flight Destination?
Travelers can change British Airways flight destination by only cancelling the flight. Here’s how:
- First, the passenger should head to the BA website
- Now, search for the existing flight by entering the booking details such as the Booking reference number and the Passenger’s last name.
- After selecting the flight, the passenger can modify the itinerary.
- Here, he can change the destination. Doing so will initiate the flight cancellation process.
- Now, the airline will cancel your flight and provide you a travel voucher.
- After that, the passenger can log in to the Executive Club and use the voucher to rebook a trip.
- Now, go to the Book tab and make a new reservation.
- Finally, at check out, use the vouchers to pay for the fare.
The Process to Check Flight Status for British Airways After Change
Passengers can open the booking details and through the ticket confirmation number check the flight status through Britishairways.com or the British Airways app. Here is the process:
Process to check status of changed flight which is done by you
- To check the status of the flight, you can follow this step:
- The passenger should go to the official website and click on Manage tab.
- Now, click on Flight Status.
- On the new page, you have to enter the flight details:
- By Route –
- Enter the origin and destination
- Select travel date and click on Search
- By Flight Number –
- Enter the flight number
- And the date of departure/arrival
- By Route –
- By Airport –
- Enter departure or arrival details
Steps for Name Change on British Airways
- British Airways name change process is not a complex process. Follow the below steps for the same.
- Passengers need to log on to the official account on British Airways website.
- Passengers can fill the web form for British Airways name change process.
- Along with a form a valid id proof such as Passport where the name appears clearly needs to be attached.
- If you are an Executive club membership holder, you need to provide your Executive number for the changes to be processed.
- Name change will reflect within 24 hours for processing the request.
Process to Change your Seat on British Airway
For the British Airways Change seat process, a passenger can follow the following steps.
- Login to our website i.e. www.britishairways.com with your email credentials.
- Trace your booking via the last name and booking reference number.
- Click on your existing booking when it’s displayed on the home screen.
- Click the option called seat change.
- Now follow the given on screen instructions.
- Once the seat changes are modified confirm the changes.
- It is always advisable to reserve your seat in advance to avoid the hassle.
Passengers can also call the support team of our website to amend their seating options with British Airways or any other kind of technical assistance.
Process to Change your Tickets on British Airways:
Passengers can change their tickets on British airways through the following steps.
- Log on to the website of British Airways
- Open your current booking with reference id and last name.
- Click on the option to change or modify the booking
- Passengers are enabled to edit the booking.
- Once the modification is made you can confirm and save the changes.
- The difference in the price of tickets will have to be paid by the passenger.
How to change flight date british airways
- Flight date change fees when booking online are free on most short-distance routes.
- Phone change fee: USD 25 (plus any applicable fare difference)
- USD 35 is the airport date change fee (plus the applicable fare difference)
British Airways doesn’t charge a date change fee (for most short-haul costs) if you make the date changes online. However, you will still be responsible for paying the appropriate fare difference between the original and new fares. You will be charged if you make the date changes over the phone and at the airport.
Before considering changing your flight date, you should read and comprehend British Airways’ policy. It is your right, according to policy, to cancel your ticket if you have already paid for it and realise that you booked it incorrectly. You can change your flight date within 24 hours and receive a complete refund if that happens.
On a British Airways flight, you can also change your passenger name. Just go to British Airways’ official website to make the change request.
Steps to Change the Date of British Airways
- Go to the official website of British Airways to access your account. Please log in as a guest if you do not have an account.
- Navigate to Manage My Booking to modify the flight date information.
- Initially select “continue” after entering the confirmation code and the booked passenger’s name.
- Next, choose the flight you wish to change date for it. To make the modifications, adhere to the onscreen instructions.
- After that, make any necessary payments and enjoy your new British Airways journey.
British Airways Refund Policy
It is not necessary that every time the change in flight occurs due to change in travel plans of the passengers. Sometimes changes may occur due to circumstances which may lead to a change where the airline is responsible.
Passengers are provided the flexibility to claim compensation from British airways in case their flight has been delayed for more than 3 hours due to factors such as a technical fault in the aircraft etc. The passenger can also raise a refund request for destinations he did not fly due to the flight getting delayed for 5 hours or more.
Passengers can also raise a refund request for if their flight has been canceled and they would like to rebook in the future. A passenger could also raise a request for issuing a travel voucher which can be utilized in future bookings.
Passengers can claim a refund if cancelling has happened due to a medical emergency or death of an immediate family member.
British Airways change flight process assists passengers to make relevant changes before their scheduled flight. These changes depend on the change in a passenger’s travel itinerary. Passengers can contact our website airtripsadvisor.com to book a flight with British Airways or British Airways change flight process can be done through our website as well.
British Airways Change Flight FAQs
Technically you cannot just change a date for a flight booking, you need to book a new British airways reservation on a new date hence ticket price variance has to be paid. However, the passenger need not pay a change fee.
To seek a refund from the airline you need to raise a refund request through the website of British airways.
As per policy of British Airways, it takes 4 to 6 weeks to process a refund for the passenger who has raised a refund request for the same.
The passenger can use the phone number 1-800-548-3192 provided on the web page to contact the British Airways.
If you try to change a flight after departure, you can’t change it online.
Yes, the airline allows passengers to change their trip before departure.
If you cancel a flight online, you don’t have to pay a fee.
You can go to the website and look up your flight status to understand the changes made.
Yes, the airline allows seat changes on a booked flight.