United Airlines takes excellent care to ensure the safety and comfort of its young passengers flying alone. Unaccompanied minors can travel safely and consistently with United Airlines, whether going to a summer camp, sporting event, or seeing family.
This article will also take you through each crucial point under the United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy before you book a flight for your kids.
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
The United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy is mentioned below:
- Children aged 5 to 14 who are travelling on the same flight without an adult guardian or parent are required to reserve the Unaccompanied Minor service.
- The unaccompanied minor fee is USD 150 one way. A maximum of two children per user may be charged this fee. Round-trip expenses are double.
- In addition to preboarding, the unaccompanied minor fee covers a seat and free food, if available.
- On flights operated by United Airlines and United Express, children 15 years or older may travel alone or as unaccompanied minors (optional).
- The Unaccompanied Minor service is limited to flights that do not stop.
- You can make an online or phone reservation for the Unaccompanied Minor service.
- Choose the child’s age range and 0 adults to make an online reservation for an unaccompanied minor.
Unaccompanied Minor Fee
The price of United Airlines’ unaccompanied minor service is:
|Unaccompanied Minors Number
|One-way Service Fee
|Roundtrip Service Fee
The cost of the unaccompanied minor can be paid at the time of booking, at a later time, or the airport when checking in.
United Airlines Fees for Ticketing
The following booking service fees are levied by United Airlines:
Within the United States and Canada
- Through Phone, USD 25
- USD 30 at a city ticket office
- In-person, $50 at the airport
Outside of Canada and the United States
- Depending on the MileagePlus, travel levels may differ.
How Do I Make a Minor Travel Reservation with United Airlines?
You can use the customer service number and the website to book a United Airlines flight. To make a reservation for a flight under United Unaccompanied Minor Service, follow these steps:
- To begin, launch your web browser and go to www.united.com, the official website of United Airlines.
- The homepage has a search box and a “Book” button. To start the flight booking process, click on it.
- Provide the necessary details, such as the airports of departure and arrival, the dates of travel, and the total number of passengers.
- You can refine your search by clicking “Advanced Search” if you need more options, like nonstop flights or particular fare classes. If not, move on to the following action.
- A list of available flights will be shown based on the criteria you entered.
- Check your options and select the flight that most closely matches your requirements and preferences.
- Give all the information required for every traveller, including any minors.
- To adhere to United Airlines’ Minor Policy, enter their ages correctly.
- During this step, you can designate particular seats for the minors.
- If not, United Airlines will allocate seats for them instantly.
- You can add more services at this point if you need them, like extra baggage or particular in-flight amenities.
- Check all the entered data, such as flight information, passenger details, and extra services.
- To complete your reservation, go to the payment section and enter the required payment information. To finish the transaction, adhere to the instructions.
- You will receive a booking reference number or confirmation email once the payment has been handled.
Note that you can enter information about the people who will pick up and drop off your kids at the airport when making your reservation. Call United Airlines if you need to change this information later on, and they will help you as needed.
Over the phone
Speak with the committed customer service team at United Airlines first. You can find the following option on the Help Centre Page:
- Select the “Tab for booking a new reservation.”
- You will find the number after selecting this tab.
Once you have the number, proceed as follows:
- Inform the customer support representative that you must schedule a flight for a minor.
- Have a discussion with the agent to learn about the particular needs and choices related to booking flights for minors.
- Give the agent all the information they need about the passengers, including their full names, ages, and any special needs or considerations for the travelling minors.
- Work with the customer service representative to determine which options or United flight change best meets your needs.
- Talk about preferences for other things, such as preferred departure times and layovers.
- Ensure the agent has provided accurate booking details that meet your needs by carefully reviewing them.
- Now, securely provide the required payment information.
- The customer service team will send you an itinerary or a confirmation email after a successful booking process.
What Documentation is Needed For the United Airlines Minor Travel Program?
- When checking in, minors must present a valid ID issued by United Airlines.
- A valid form of identification, such as a passport or government-issued ID, is required for every minor passenger.
- Each minor passenger must present identification as proof of age. A birth certificate may be one way to do this.
- It might be required to present a consent letter or affidavit signed by the absent parent(s) or legal guardian(s), allowing the minor to travel if they are not travelling with both of their parents or legal guardians.
Note that extra travel documentation, such as visas or permits, may be needed in the event of an international trip.
What Benefits Does United Airlines’ Unaccompanied Minor Programme Offer?
- United Airlines expands its unaccompanied minor service to offer children travelling alone between the ages of 5 and 14 a safe and pleasurable travel experience.
- Children 15 to 17 years old may also choose to use this service. This section describes the benefits and policies that United Airlines offers to unaccompanied minors to ensure their travels are trouble-free.
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments are offered to ensure the comfort and happiness of the younger passengers.
- Priority boarding.
Q1. What about the unaccompanied minor pick-up service offered by United Airlines?
An adult who holds responsibility and whose name you designate must pick up your unaccompanied minor at the destination airport. A responsible adult who is at least eighteen years old and whose complete contact information you have provided on the Unaccompanied Minor form is required to pick up your child.
Q2. What is United Airlines’ unaccompanied minor policy for international travel?
Children from 5 to 14 years old are permitted to travel on United Airlines international flights with an unaccompanied minor, but only on nonstop routes. Partner airlines, codeshare, and connecting flights are not eligible for the service.
Q3. How can a minor make a reservation for a flight on United Airlines?
Travel arrangements for the unaccompanied minor can be made online at united.com or over the phone with an airline executive by calling the United Airlines customer service number. In addition to the airfare and the United unaccompanied minor fee, reservations made over the phone could be subject to a handling fee of USD 25.
Q4. Can I schedule an international flight for an unaccompanied minor?
Any of our international destinations are open to unaccompanied minors, but the trip must be direct and not require changing planes or airports.
Q5. My child is travelling alone on a medication schedule. How should it be managed?
Medication cannot be administered to a passenger by United Airlines representatives. If your child needs medication for a medical condition, check with your doctor before making travel arrangements. They suggest postponing travel until the medication is no longer needed, or they may be able to recommend a different dosage on the day of departure to avoid the need for medication while travelling.