Emirates is the largest UAE airline, and together with Etihad it is one of the flag carrier. It hails from Garhoud, Dubai and is a subsidiary of the Emirates Group. Furthermore, it is also the largest Middle-Eastern airline with over, 3600 daily flights. Containing a network of over 150 destinations and 80 countries across 6 continents, it also ranks as the world’s second-largest airline with 300 carriers in its fleet. And it is due o this, the passengers recognize it as a quality air service. The airline actively promotes Manage Booking and in the event of any mistakes made during reservation, the passengers can rectify it. Hence, Emirates change name on ticket gets done within minutes. If you are interested in learning more about the service, do continue scrolling.
Name Change in Emirates Ticket Using Manage Booking
A name change in Emirates ticket isn’t unusual. The airline acknowledges the need for corrections, as to err is human. Hence, it provides convenient methods for making such changes. Through utilizing the manage Booking on Emirates, a passenger can easily make corrections to a misspelled name, from anywhere within minutes. Although a full name change isn’t allowed via online resources, you can still change the name as per the Emirates policy. Let us figure out the numerous methods in such a process.
Can I Change the Name on my Emirates Ticket Online?
Yes, passengers are allowed minor corrections online. Emirates change name on ticket is not restricted to a full change. It also allows for minor changes in an event of a spelling mistake. Thus, to make a name change in Emirates ticket, you can avail the service of the official website or the mobile app.
Emirates Change Name via Website
For any name change in Emirates ticket, follow the detailed steps below:
- First, visit the official Emirates website by entering www.emirates.com onto your web browsers.
- Then, locate the Manage tab on the home screen and click on it.
- Now, click on “Change your booking” and wait for the page to load.
- After that, enter the relevant details to locate your pre-booked trip.
- Enter the passenger’s last name and the six-digit booking reference code.
- The reference code can be found on your itinerary that was mailed to you after confirmation of the trip.
- Now, click on retrieve booking and wait.
- From the new menu, locate and click on your pre-booked flight.
- After that, make changes to your name by clicking on the Edit Name link.
- Remember that Emirates change name on ticket adheres to the name change policy and only allows minor corrections. For severe changes, you have to contact the Emirates helpline.
- Then at the end, after you have confirmed your changes, you will be required to pay certain fees, if applicable, and the difference in fare.
Emirates Name Change Via App
The airline also offers mobile apps as a means to online Manage Booking. Thus, you can make changes via the app. All you need to do is follow the steps detailed below:
- First, go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and search for the Emirates Airlines app.
- Then download and install it on your device.
- Now go to your home screen and tap the app icon to run the app.
- After that, click on the Manage section and then change your flight.
- As mentioned earlier, you have to enter the details of the pre-booked flight.
- Quickly type in the booking reference number and the passenger’s last name and click on Retrieve flight.
- Then click on the flight shown in the list and continue to make corrections.
- Once satisfied, click on Confirm. However, be sure to double-check, as the airline doesn’t permit multiple corrections.
- Now pay the name change fee and fare difference if applicable and save your new itinerary.
How to Change Name on Emirates Ticket Offline?
As we all know, online corrections are limited in scope. Thus, name change in Emirates ticket offline is still popular. Not only can this tackle major corrections, but you can also make full name changes, although limited by the policy, under critical legal scenarios. Emirates change name on ticket offline is mostly done through a phone call.
Emirates Ticket Name Change Through Phone Number
First off, 805-900-8786 is the general customer care number of the Emirates airline that can help you solve multiple queries. In case of a name change, follow these steps:
- First, call the customer care number given above.
- Then follow the on-call instructions till you get a hold of the Emirates representative.
- The number is active 24/7 and the agent can help you change the name on the ticket.
- Thus, inform him of your dilemma and provide the necessary booking information.
- Lastly, the representative can ask for legal proof and documents, depending on the case, and you will have to pay a name change fee.
Emirates Name Change Policy
Emirates change name on ticket follows strict rules and regulations. The policy dictates:
- A correction request allows passengers to rectify up to only 4 letters in a name, be it the first, middle or the last name.
- Under no condition can a passenger transfer the ownership of his ticket.
- If there is a need, then the passenger has to first cancel the original booking, claim refund and then re-book with new information.
- A full name change is not allowed except under legal obligations.
- The legal situations that permit a name change are marriage, divorce, adoption, death, court order etc.
- The change name Emirates Skywards policy clearly states that only corrections are allowed and not name changes.
- After a successful name change, the correct name will be reissued on the existing PNR, but a name change fee will apply.
- However, after any name change/correction, passengers have to redo check-ins and seat selections.
- If you are unable to change name on Emirates ticket, then you have to cancel the flight segments with the wrong name before the scheduled departure of the flight. Otherwise, it will be counted as a no show, jeopardizing the refund.
- The name on the ticket must match what appears on the government issued photo identification and or passport. Otherwise, the airline reserves the right to bar your boarding.
Emirates Name Change Fee
Changing name on Emirates is not cheap. Although you are free to request a name change 24 hours prior to scheduled departure of a flight, the relevant fees will apply.
- The fee varies per class and fare type.
- In addition to the fee, passengers have to pay the difference in fare.
- $30 is the base fee for corrections.
- However, for the point of sale originating in India and Brazil, no fee will be levied.
- If the name change occurs 24 hours of initial booking, then $200~$250 will apply, depending on the type of ticket.
Types of Name Change on Emirates Tickets
There are different types of name changes covered under the Emirates policy. Such as:
- Name Corrections – Only 4 letters are allowed for correction, no matter if it’s the first, middle or last name. Also, it is applicable only on flights operated under Emirates.
- First name changes – If you require a major change, then you have to provide documents proving that you have legally changed the first name. Also, the new name must match a government issued photo identification and passport. Moreover, the name change fee, along with the fare difference, will apply.
- Middle name changes – Any addition, alteration or removal to the middle name is possible, subject to the fee.
- Last name changes – Last name changes are strictly forbidden except certain legal consideration such as marriage, divorce adoption etc.
- Adding a Title/Suffix/Prefix – You are free to add or remove titles, suffixes and such. For domestic flights, only a name change fee will apply. But international fare must pay name change fee alongside fare difference.
- Emirates Skywards – Skywards flight are only allowed corrections up to 4 letters. A name change doesn’t apply on these flights.
What is Emirates Skywards Name Change?
Emirates Skywards is the reward program of the airline that awards points or travel credit to the passenger. Then the passenger can use the credits to book an Emirates flight. However, name change on Skywards fall under Skywards change name policy that states:
- The policy won’t allow a name change, only corrections will be entertained.
- Any correction will be only 4 letters in a name.
- If one has to change name, then he has to cancel the flight and use the refund to rebook it with the correct details.
- Name change fee will be the same and applicable if necessary.
How to Change Name in Emirates Skywards?
You can change the name on Emirates Skywards by following these steps:
- First, go to the official website and log into your Skywards account.
- Then use the “Manage Your Booking” option to view all the pre booked flights.
- Now, from the list, select the flight you want to change name on.
- Then click on Edit name link and type in the new name.
- After that, click on confirm and pay the necessary name change fee, if applicable.
Emirates Change of Name Before a Ticket is Issued
The following guideline pertains to Emirates change of name before ticket issuance:
- Corrections are limited to 4 letters only. And it can be done only once per passenger per trip.
- Any titles or spacing in the name is included in the 4 letter concession.
- No changes to the date of birth, gender, passenger type code, or infant will be entertained during a name correction.
- For a more severe name change, passengers ave to contact offline resource such as customer care.
- Any name change will need the support of legal documentation.
Emirates Change of Name After the Ticket is Issued
Rules for a name change after ticket issuance:
- No changes in the PNR generated for a Skywards flight are allowed.
- Any legal changes to the last name or the first name will need supporting legal documents.
- No transfer of ticket ownership is allowed under any circumstances.
- After a successful name change and paying the fee, the ticket must be re-issued.
- Any code-shared or interline agreement flight are not under the Emirates name change policy. Hence, you have to change name on such flights separately.
- A mid-trip minor correction is allowed as long as it matches the passport or a government issued photo identification.
Keynotes You Need to Grab
Things to heed before attempting a name change on Emirates:
- Minor and major corrections are allowed.
- You can change name before scheduled departure.
- A mid-trip change is also allowed.
- But you can’t transfer ownership of the ticket.
- In case of full name changes, you need to provide legal documents.
- The corrections can be made both online and offline.
- Any and all name changes are subject to the Emirates name change fee under the name change policy.
Emirates Name Change FAQs
Ans: You can use the online resource like the website or the app or contact the customer care for changing name on Emirates ticket.
Ans: The base price starts at $30. But full name changes are costly and vary between $200 to $250 depending on the ticket.
Ans: No, transfer of Emirates ticket ownership is forbidden.
Ans: No, it is standard airline practice.
Ans: Yes, however, it has to be done according to the name change policy.
Leave a Reply