The tenth-largest American airline that operates from Honolulu, Hawaii also holds the crown for being the largest operator of commercial flights to and from the US state of Hawaii. Thus, Hawaiian Airlines is one of the leading carrier in air travel. As a service, it operates flights to Asia, Samoa, Australia, Polynesia, New Zealand and the States of America. Surprisingly, it is the oldest US carrier that has never been in a fatal accident or hull loss. Furthermore, it also tops the list of on-time airlines. The customer satisfaction index of the Hawaiian Airlines is high as it has the least cancellations, over sales complaints and baggage handling issues. Hence, it comes as no surprise that Hawaiian Airlines change name service is also impeccable. In the following article we will witness, in depth, the various aspects of the Hawaiian Airlines name change feature.
How to Change Name on Hawaiian Airlines Ticket?
One often wonders how to change name on Hawaiian Airlines ticket in case of a mistake. Gladly, we are happy to inform our readers that it is a very easy and convenient affair. To change name on Hawaiian Airlines ticket in minutes, we recommend using the Manage Booking tool that can allow a name change online. Although it is a bit restricted and only limited to corrections, it carries no charge. Thus, follow these steps for Hawaiian Airlines change name proceedings:
- First, go to the Hawaiian Airlines official website.
- Then click on Manage Flights.
- Now wait for the page to load.
- After that, enter the relevant details, such as:
- The six-digit confirmation code or the ticket number along with the passenger’s last name.
- If you do not have any of these things, then log into your Hawaiian Miles account if you are a member to view every pre-booked flight.
- Now click on View My Trip.
- On the new page, a list will load with your pre-booked flight.
- Now you have two options:
- Hawaiian Airlines doesn’t charge you for corrections, but a correction is only limited up to 3 letters. Anymore and you will be charged. Thus, if you want to change name instead of correction and that too for free, then cancel the flight and get a refund if the booking is less than 24 hours old. You can re-book the flight with the correct details without paying a name change fee.
- Or you can continue with the process without canceling if you’re confident that your correction won’t exceed 3 letters or that the booking was made more than 24 hours ago.
- However, in both cases, the difference in fare will be levied.
- If you want to keep going, then click on your pre-booked flight and select the name you want to edit. After entering the correct details, click on confirm.
- Lastly, pay for any fee, if applicable.
Hawaiian Airlines Change Passenger Name Over Phone
Hawaiian Airlines change name can be done over a phone call. All you need to do is:
- First, call the customer helpline at 1-800-367-5320, a 24/7 available channel.
- Then follow the on-call instructions until you reach the representative.
- Now, inform the rep about the name change and request assistance.
- If asked, provide your booking details.
- Now, if it is a correction, it will be done sooner, and you will need to pay the name change fee. Otherwise, in case of major name change, the rep will ask you to provide supporting legal documents.
- You can either mail them offline or use the email feature to raise a name change request separately and submit these documents there.
Hawaiian Airlines Name Change for Mileage Program
Any correction to the HawaiianMiles account is forbidden. Although there are exceptions in the case of minor corrections, but even then you can’t rectify them yourself. One option is to cancel the whole trip and re-book with correct details. If not, call customer care and ask for assistance. However, legal name changes are allowed for Mileage tickets, given you provide the following legal documents:
- Proof of name, both old and new.
- Marriage license or certificate
- Divorce decree or agreement
- Government issued photo identification or passport
- And lastly, a hand written and self attested request for name change along with the HawaiianMiles account details in question.
- The submission can be made by courier or online by raising a request via email.
How to Check Hawaii Airlines Change of Name Request Status?
If you have raised a Hawaiian Airlines change name request via email, then it is possible to review or check the request status by visiting the official HA website. To do so:
- First, visit the website.
- Then locate the Contact Us option on the home page and click it.
- Now go to the email section.
- After that, click on Ask a question.
- Now write an email asking for the request status and provide necessary information.
- Lastly, wait for the airline’s reply.
Explain Hawaiian Airlines Name Correction Policy?
As per the Hawaiian Airlines guidelines, any changes made to the PNR to reflect the correct name is subject to the name change policy, unless the change is to correct a misspelling up to 3 letters or a legal name change. Under the correction policy, both actions are free from any charges. However, the name change will incur a fee. Having said that, the correction policy also entails the following:
- The ticket must start with 173 to be eligible for ANY change.
- The name on the ticket and the passport must match.
- Any legal changes should be supported by documentation.
- Under no circumstance can one transfer the ownership of the ticket.
- Any and all name corrections are free, although name changes can cost anywhere from $75 to $250. However, a correction made on a ticket purchased via a third party/source will be liable for a correction fee of $25.
- Only flights operated by the Hawaiian Airline are eligible for corrections, and only one correction per passenger per flight is allowed. Anymore, and it will be treated as a name change.
- During corrections no other changes to the flight will be entertained including a change in date, time or destination of the flight as it comes under the Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy.
- Similarly, any changes to the gender or birth date is forbidden. Unless it is a minor error. However, you have to contact the customer care representative separately for both cases.
Hawaiian Airlines Name Change Fee
Most corrections are free unless the ticket is bought through an external channel, then a fee of $25 will apply. However, a Hawaiian Airlines change name can cost you $75 to $250 depending on the fare type and destination of the flight. However, a difference in fare and taxes will be levied in both circumstances.
Hawaiian Airlines Change Name on Ticket- Eligibility Criteria
Hawaiian Airlines change name has a distinct eligibility criteria such as:
- Legal name changes – The name change must be supported with legal documents and proof of old as well as new name. Although such changes will carry a fee, they are eligible for a change.
- Changes due to misspellings – Any spelling mistake up to 3 letters can be rectified for free. And it is eligible under the name change policy.
- Interchanging nickname and first name and vice versa – You can at any time add a full nickname and or interchange it with the first name. However, you need legal proof , and it will be charged under the name change policy.
- Middle name alterations – Middle name alterations are eligible, but carry a fee. However, you are free to make any changes to them.
- Other conditions – Some other conditions for a valid name change are:
- The flight must be operated under Hawaiian Airlines banner.
- The fare must be a non-restrictive one.
- The ticket must start with 173.
What Hawaiian Airlines Name Corrections are Ineligible?
As per the guidelines, any full name changes are ineligible if the motivation behind is a transference of ownership. The airline forbids any transfer of tickets and reserves the right to deny boarding in such scenarios.
Change Name on Hawaiian Airlines Ticket – FAQs
Ans: Hawaiian Airlines change name can be done both offline and online.
Ans: No, as stated, the Hawaiian Airlines name change doesn’t allow a transference of ownership.
Ans: According to the Hawaiian Airlines name change, middle names aren’t essential to bookings.
Ans: Yes, if the name change meets all the eligibility criteria, then it can be processed both online and offline.
Ans: Yes, under certain legal obligations, you are required to make changes to your name.
Ans: Yes, but the said ticket must be under his/her name with proper identifications. You can’t book the ticket in your name and make someone travel on it.
Ans: A name change is costly and depends on many factors, including fare type and destination. However, a name correction is mostly free if the ticket is purchased directly from the airline.