If you have booked your next adventure with jet blue and thinking about how to deal with cancellations and refunds then you’ve come to the right place, Instead of taking a shot in the dark know everything from JetBlue cancellation policy to refund process and save yourself from pouring money down the drain. In this article, we are going to walk you through all the hidden secrets of money and how you can avail it by taking full advantage of Jetblue policies.
How do I cancel my ticket on Jetblue mobile app or through the website?
You can cancel your ticket either through the app or directly by visiting the official website of JetBlue, which is www.jetblue.com whatever your choice is, the steps go the same.
- Step 1: Firstly, visit the home age of the app or the official website of JetBlue
- Step 2: Log into your account by entering your credentials.
- Step 3: Now, tap on “My Trips”
- Step 4: Select “Manage Flights”
- Step 5: With this, you can see a summer of your bookings.
Now select the flight that want to cancel and click on the “confirm” button to confirm your cancellation.
JetBlue Cancellation Flight Offline
JetBlue has another way of cancellation which is far easier in comparison with the online process if you are someone who doesn’t like processing online then you can go with this offline method.
The offline method is nothing but contacting the customer service as the JetBlue airline customer service will insist on helping you and clears all your queries willingly.
Contact 800-JET-BLUE (538-2583) and get a personalized one-on-one connection with JetBlue airlines.
How do I cancel my travel agency booking with JetBlue flights?
- Even if you book your ticket with a third party JetBlue will allow you to cancel or change your ticket through the official website.
- Head on to the “Manage trip” page and make the required changes/cancellations or you can also cancel your third-party booked ticket by directly contacting JetBlue phone number.
- However, a service charge of 50$ will be charged per ticket. This service charge is applicable for any kind of changes that you made with JetBlue over a call.
- If you can’t manage to make any cancellations or changes directly through the website then you should consult the agency that insisted on helping you.
How to reschedule or rebook your JetBlue flights?
If you want to rebook or reschedule your JetBlue flight head on to the official website of the airlines and tap on the “manage trips” and follow the screen prompts. You can also rebook or reschedule by contacting JetBlue in order to rebook effortlessly, you should have certain details like confirmation number, flight number, Date(s) of travel, and personal information that includes full name, date of birth, contact information, etc.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy
- Due to the pandemic breakdown, JetBlue made certain changes in the cancellation policy as per the new updates if you book a ticket anytime around February 28, 2021, and cancel it after the risk-free period then JetBlue will give an e-credit that you can use for your future flight till 18 months from the point of cancellation.
- If you didn’t show up at the airport then your ticket will not be canceled or changed and JetBlue will not provide any kind of refund.
If you bought your flight ticket using true blue point and end up canceling it then JetBlue will be credited back into your account.
- Refundable tickets might be a little heavy on the pocket but they are totally worth every penny.
- By purchasing a refundable ticket you can get a complete refund whenever you decide to cancel your ticket.
- Irrespective of time and date you will get a complete refund and don’t have to pay any cancellation fee, whatsoever.
Member of Mosaic
- By being a member of mosaic allows you to cancel your JetBlue flight without paying any cancellation fee.
- To be a member of the mosaic you should collect at least 15,000 flight points in one year or you can fly 30 segments and collect 12,000 flight point within a year
JetBlue Cancellation Fees
JetBlue cancellation fee completely depends upon the ticket fare and ticket type. As per the JetBlue airlines, the ticket types are segregated into 4 different categories called Bule, Blue plus, Blue extra, and Blue basic.
Blue and blue plus members
- If the fare ranges from $200 and above then you have to pay a cancellation of $200 per ticket.
- If the fare ranges from $150 to $199 and above then you have to pay a cancellation fee of $150 per ticket.
- If the fare ranges from $100 to $149 and above then you have to pay a cancellation fee of $100 per ticket.
- If the fare is below $100 then you have to pay a cancellation fee of $75 per ticket.
Enjoy the freedom of JetBlue cancellation with Blue extra
A Blue extra is basically another name for a refundable ticket. This type of ticket allows you to cancel your ticket so you don’t have to hustle and bustle at the last moment.
With this ticket, you can also cut down the JetBlue cancellation fee completely even if you cancel after the grace period of 24 hours
The blue basic ticket holder cannot get any refund as they are not eligible for a refund.
JetBlue Waive a Cancellation Fee
One can waive the JetBlue cancellation fee in three methods:
24-hour cancellation fee
Jet Blue’s 24- hour cancellation policy states that irrespective of the ticket fare, A passenger can avoid the cancellation fee and get a full refund by canceling the ticket within 24 hours from the point of booking.
Refundable Ticket – Be Prepared For The Unprepared Cancellation
The refundable ticket is perfect if you are unsure about your trip or if you are someone who throws things to the last minute.
With this type of fair, you can cancel your ticket irrespective of time and yet you will get your refund in a breeze without paying annoying cancellation fees.
Waive it with Mosaic
Above all the given ways this can be a better and one-time solution for cancellation fees, by being a member of this group you will get to enjoy all the privileges of the membership, and waiving the cancellation is, fortunately, one among them.
JetBlue Refund Policy
- JetBlue offers a refund depending on your fair, if you booked a refundable ticket then you can cancel your ticket at any time till the date of departure and get a complete refund in the original form of payment.
- If you booked a non-refundable ticket and made a cancellation then you will get the refund in the form of e-credit and a certain amount of the cancellation fee will be deducted from the original fare.
- Irrespective of the ticket fares one can get a complete refund in the original form of payment if they cancel their ticket within 24 hours from the point of booking.
How to Request a JetBlue Refund?
- Here are the step-by-step instructions to request a refund
- Visit the official website of JetBlue.
- Now head on to “My trips”
- Click on the “Manage Trips” option
- Once you clicked on the manage trip option you can see a summary of your bookings
- From the list of flights, select the flight that you want to cancel
- Given the details of the credit card to receive a refund and confirm the request.
Are you Eligible for a JetBlue Refund?
- It completely depends on the type of ticket you booked.
- If you book a nonrefundable ticket then you have to pay an additional cancellation fee to get the refund. on the other hand, for a non-refundable ticket, you get to choose when you want to cancel your ticket as this kind of fair allows you to cancel without any cancellation fee and of course, you will get a refund without any hassle
- In both cases, you are eligible for a refund, but if you happened to book a blue basic ticket then you are not eligible for a refund.
How to Use JetBlue Travel Bank Credit?
- You can make use of your travel bank credits while booking a JetBlue flight ticket.
- There will be an option on the screen that directs you to your JetBlue travel credit while making the payment.
- You can access the travel credit bank and then apply the number of funds that you want to use for your current booking.
- In order to make use of the funds, you should have the login credentials of TrueBlue or travel bank.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I cancel my JetBlue flight and get a refund?
Ans. Yes!! you can get a refund after canceling your JetBlue Flight.
However, this involves the type of ticket you purchased. if you have purchased a refundable ticket you will get a complete refund
You can also get a complete refund if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of the time of booking.
Q. Does JetBlue let you cancel flights?
Ans. Yes, both refundable and nonrefundable ticket types can cancel their ticket however a blue basic is exceptional as it is not eligible for cancellation.
Q. Why are JetBlue Cancelling flights?
Ans. Usually, the airlines will not cancel the flight unless they are facing some critical problems like bad weather or technical problem.
Q. Can you cancel the JetBlue flight booked with points?
Ans. You can cancel the flight booked with points but to get the refund you should pay a certain cancellation fee.
Q. When can I get my refund from JetBlue?
Ans. From the time of refund request, the airline may take 20 days in order to complete refunds that are paid through credit card, cash, or check.
Q. In what cases JetBlue doesn’t charge for cancellation?
Ans. You can cancel the JetBlue flight without penalty in three cases
- By 24-hour cancellation policy
- By purchasing a refundable ticket
- By being a part of the mosaic group
Q. Will, It be ok if I cancel my ticket within 24 hours?
Ans. JetBlue has a 24-hour cancellation policy by which one can cancel their ticket within 24 hours and get a complete refund without paying a single penny for cancellation