If you have booked your next adventure with jet blue and thinking about how to deal with cancellations and refunds then you’ve come to the right place, Instead of taking a shot in the dark know everything from JetBlue cancellation policy to refund process and save yourself from pouring money down the drain. In this article, we are going to walk you through all the hidden secrets of money and how you can avail it by taking full advantage of Jetblue policies.
How do I Cancel My Ticket on Jetblue at the Website?
JetBlue Cancellation isn’t a forlorn exercise. Although many passengers may be apprehensive, it is actually pretty easy to book, modify and or cancel a flight with the airline. How? All due to the introduction of the Manage Booking feature. The self-help facility allows passengers to take charge of their itinerary and control their booking. Hence, an aware traveler can simply cancel a flight, with a full refund, in mere minutes using Manage Booking. Let’s go ahead and know how to JetBlue cancel flight and get a refund.
The easiest of methods is to use the official JetBlue site to control your flight reservation. JetBlue cancel flight online is possible with Manage Booking. However, the passengers need to be aware of the cancellation policy as the procedure has to be inline with the set rules and guidelines. If you are eligible for a JetBlue cancellation, feel free to follow these steps:
- First, the airline passenger needs to look up the official website for JetBlue.
- Simply type www.jetblue.com in the address bar of your web browsers and hit enter.
- Now, those who have a TrueBlue account should log in using their credentials as JetBlue Cancellations are much easier via the account. However, you can also continue as a guest.
- Then, click on Manage Trips at the top of the screen and wait for the page to load.
- After that, you should fill in the flight detail.
- If you continue as a guest, you need to keep your six-digit confirmation number ready.
- You will also need the passenger’s last name.
- But if you continue as a TrueBlue member continue with the steps detailed below:
- Now, you can see multiple tabs, such as Upcoming Travel, Check in Online and Check Flight Status. Click on Upcoming Travel and JetBlue cancel flight.
- Once you have selected the flight to cancel, click on Manage Flight and scroll down.
- Here, all of your flight information will be listed. Furthermore, there will be other options like:
- Get Boarding Pass
- Change Itinerary
- Cancel Itinerary
- Assign Seats
- Update Traveler Details
- Add Travel Extra
- Select Cancel Itinerary.
- Now, the website will give you a review of how much refund you will get and will it be travel credits or original source.
- Remember, only refundable fares will receive a refund as the original source of payment. Non-refundable will only get credits for future use.
- You should also make sure of the fee applied for JetBlue Cancellations.
JetBlue Flight Cancellations with Phone Number
Passengers are welcome to approach JetBlue Flight Cancellations over a phone call. It is still one of the most popular methods to cancel a flight, as there are many who need live assistance. In order to proceed with such cancellations, you have to follow certain steps, such as:
- Start with calling JetBlue customer care services at the number provided: 1-805-JETBLUE (1 805-900-8786).
- Then, you must follow the on-call instructions and wait for an airline representative.
- Now, request the agent to cancel your flight and give him the necessary booking details.
- Lastly, make sure of your refund amount and the cancellation fee, if charged.
Cancel Flight on JetBlue Using the Mobile App
JetBlue Flight Cancellations are also available on the official app. The passenger has to access the mobile app store to download the app and use the Manage Booking feature to cancel it. In order to JetBlue cancel flight, one should follow the provided steps:
- First, you should start by downloading the actual official JetBlue app for your device.
- For this, you can visit Google Play or Apple App Store.
- After the app is installed, run it by tapping the app icon.
- Now, login to your TrueBlue account and click on Manage Trips.
- Then look up the existing flight under the Upcoming travel section and select your booking.
- After you bring up the flight details, select Cancel Itinerary. And your flight ticket will be terminated.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation at the Airport
You are also free to cancel a flight at the airport. Although it can seem troublesome as you have to wait in line, it is still a possibility, as many use it in emergencies. The process remains simple as you have to visit the ticketing counter and request JetBlue Cancellations. After that, you must provide the necessary information pertaining to your booking. And then make sure of your refund amount.
How to reschedule or rebook your JetBlue flights?
If you want to rebook or reschedule your JetBlue flight head on to the official website of the airlines and tap on the “manage trips” and follow the screen prompts. You can also rebook or reschedule by contacting JetBlue in order to rebook effortlessly, you should have certain details like confirmation number, flight number, Date(s) of travel, and personal information that includes full name, date of birth, contact information, etc.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy – 2022 Updated
JetBlue is a reputed airline that ensures a smooth cancellation process all thanks to its policy that states the following:
- Passengers are allowed to cancel tickets online or offline and claim refund. However, the refund amount depends on the fare type.
- In case of non-refundable tickets a passenger can only get taxes as a refund. Other travel funds will be forfeited.
Also, if a refund is made for non-refundable fares, it will be in the form of future travel credits. And this credit will be valid for 1 year.
- You can’t claim a refund for this credit.
- However, if a passenger cancels a refundable ticket he will get a refund in the original mode of payment. Even if he gets travel credits, he can request a refund from JetBlue.
- The airline also charges a cancellation fee regardless of fare type and service class. This fee will be applicable on refundable and non-refundable tickets too.
- However, a passenger can cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking without paying any cancellation fee. And he will also get a full refund. But there should be a difference of seven days or more between said booking and flight departure.
- Also, the flights should originate or head to the US for this policy to be effective.
- The airline also allows exemptions to the cancellation policy due to special situations. For example: In case of a sudden illness, if the passenger is unfit to fly as per the doctors instructions, if he is hospitalized or in a critical accident, there is no need to pay the cancellation fee, and he can claim a full refund on his cancelled flight regardless of the fare rules.
- In case when a passenger cancels a flight due to bad weather he can claim a full refund without worrying about the fare type. No cancellation fee will be charged, and the passenger can request a refund for the unused portion.
- Mosaic reward members can also cancel a flight, but they will have to pay the JetBlue award cancellation fee if cancelling a non-refundable ticket. Also, they can only claim travel credits as refunds.
JetBlue 24 Hour cancellation Policy
JetBlue has to adhere to the United States Department of Transportations and provide a risk-free period of 24 hours, where a passenger can cancel or change a flight for free while claiming a full refund. However, he will have to ensure that the booking and his scheduled flight departure must have a gap of more than seven days. Otherwise, normal cancellation policy will apply. The 24 hours cancellation policy also dictates the following:
- The policy is not applicable to JetBlue vacation packages.
- You can’t make multiple changes within the risk-free period. If you have already altered a flight, the next time you attempt a change or cancellation, you will incur regular charges as per the fare rules.
- Any refunds made within this time frame will be reverted to the original source of payment. You do not have to worry about the fare types. Also, such refunds will only take 7-10 days to reach you.
- You can’t apply this policy to group bookings, a group booking consists of more than 9 passengers, and it falls under the JetBlue Group cancellation policy.
- You can perform cancellations both online and offline.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Mosaic Members
As per the guidelines, Mosaic members also have to follow the normal cancellation policy. As such they will have to pay the cancellation fee for non-refundable tickets and are exempted in case of refundable fares. Also, any refund for non-refundable tickets will be in the form of travel credits and the refund for refundable tickets will be in the form of the original mode of payment. Cancellation fee and refund are separate issues.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets
JetBlue Award tickets follow the normal cancellation policy. As such a non-refundable award ticket will be charged a fee and only merit partial refund. While a refundable award ticket will get a full refund at zero cancellation charges.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Government or Military Personnel
Any flight cancellation due to a military order or government policy will result in a full refund and no cancellation fee will be charged. However, it is subject to the availability and applicable difference in fare. If the person is holding a fully refundable ticket, he will get a refund easily. In case of a non-refundable ticket, the person will get refunds but as travel credits for future use. Although, the airline can permit you to request a refund against these credits.
JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy for Bad Weather
Weather is beyond anyone’s control. Hence, any delays due to bad weather conditions fall under unforeseen or uncontrollable reasons for JetBlue cancellations. Here is the policy for coping with cancellations due to weather.
- The airline will allow passengers to cancel the flights free of cost.
- These cancellations can be processed both online and offline.
- The airline will offer a full refund under these circumstances.
- However, you can’t rebook a flight after cancelling it due to weather conditions. You have to create a new itinerary.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy Due to Death
If the passenger holding the ticket suddenly passes away, a refund will be made to the original source of payment at the request of the immediate family. However, the request must be made alongside valid documentation proving the death. The death certificate must also be submitted within 24 days of such cancellation.
However, if there is a death of a close family member, the passenger can also cancel the ticket for free and claim full refund. Furthermore, the passenger has to submit documents like a death certificate, obituary and or funeral arrangement.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy Due to Illness
JetBlue also allows cancellation due to sudden illness. You can claim a full refund and cancel the flight without paying the cancellation fee. You have to provide the necessary documents and claim the refund under special consideration on the behest of the airline.
JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Fee
|Fare Type||Ticket Type||Amount|
|Non-Refundable||Blue Basic (within US, Mexico, Central America)||$100|
|Non-Refundable||Blue Basic (other routes)||$200|
- Refundable tickets scale according to fare type.
- Any cancellation done over a phone call will cost $25 and at the airport will cost $50 more.
JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy for Cancelled Flight
JetBlue cancel flight due to controllable or uncontrollable reasons can merit the passengers not only a full refund on any ticket type without wondering about the fare rules, but it will also warrant a compensation if situation allows.
As per the JetBlue Cancelled Flights, you can also get the below-mentioned benefits:
- The airline will offer free rebooking on the next available scheduled flight departure.
- You will receive a refund as future travel credits, but you can request the airline to revert it to the source of original mode of payment.
- The airline will automatically offer a refund to the original mode of payment if the offered alternate flight was also late and that too with over 4 hours.
- Lastly the passengers can also claim a compensation if eligible.
JetBlue Refund Policy
- JetBlue offers a refund depending on your fair, if you booked a refundable ticket then you can cancel your ticket at any time till the date of departure and get a complete refund in the original form of payment.
- If you booked a non-refundable ticket and made a cancellation then you will get the refund in the form of e-credit and a certain amount of the cancellation fee will be deducted from the original fare.
- Irrespective of the ticket fares one can get a complete refund in the original form of payment if they cancel their ticket within 24 hours from the point of booking.
Things You Should Before Requesting the Refund
Before claiming a flight refund, one has to understand a few points such as:
- A valid refund will be made automatically.
- However, it can be done as original payment or future travel credit.
- If you purchase a refundable ticket, you can get the refund in the original payment.
- Even if you get travel credits, you can request a refund against them.
- But non-refundable tickets will only get travel credits that can’t be refunded.
- You can also request a refund if the JetBlue cancelled flights.
How to Request Online a JetBlue Refund?
Follow the steps mentioned here to claim your refund:
- First, passengers should visit the JetBlue official website.
- Then, use the TrueBlue account credentials to log in.
- Now, go to Manage Trips and select Cancelled Flights.
- After that, click on the flight you want to claim a refund for.
- Here, scroll down and select Request A Refund.
- Then proceed to fill in the request form and submit it.
You can also call the customer care representative to request a refund. Here’s how:
- First, you should call the airline.
- Then, follow the instructions and connect to the representative.
- Now request a refund against your cancelled flight.
- Offer the flight details.
- If eligible you will be refunded within 2 weeks.
Ticket Types and Refund Eligibility
The airline offers 5 different types of tickets under two fare types, refundable and non-refundable. A passenger can combine the ticket types and fare types and any cancellation and refund will be met accordingly.
In case of cancellation everything except Blue Basic is free to cancel. Hence, you will get a full refund for all four ticket types no matter if it’s non-refundable or refundable. But such refunds will only be in the form of future travel credits. And you can’t request the airline to give you refund in the original mode against such credits.
If you want cash refunds then you will have to buy refundable tickets. Every ticket type is originally a non-refundable one unless you pay the extra add-on fee to make them refundable.
|Fare Type||Ticket Type||Cancellation Fee||Refund Amount||Mode of Refund|
|Non-refundable||Blue Basic||$100-$200||Non-refundable||Travel Credit|
|Non-refundable||Blue||Free||Full refund||Travel Credit|
|Non-refundable||Blue Plus||Free||Full refund||Travel Credit|
|Non-refundable||Blue Extra||Free||Full refund||Travel Credit|
|Non-refundable||Blue Mint||Free||Full refund||Travel Credit|
|Refundable||Blue||Free||Full refund||Cash Refund|
|Refundable||Blue Plus||Free||Full refund||Cash Refund|
|Refundable||Blue Extra||Free||Full refund||Cash Refund|
|Refundable||Blue Mint||Free||Full refund||Cash Refund|
How to Check JetBlue Airlines Refund Status?
You can simply log in to the JetBlue airline TrueBlue account to view your refund status, But we recommend using the email or phone call to check your Airline’s refund stats.
JetBlue Cancellation Compensation
You don’t have to request a compensation from JetBlue, if eligible the airline will automatically offer a compensation within 7 working days from scheduled flight departure. However, the amount varies.
Compensation for JetBlue Cancelled Flight
If JetBlue initiated the cancellation, you can claim a full refund and or receive a free rebooking on the next available flight. In case there are no alternate flight available, you can receive the following as compensation:
|Compensation for when JetBlue cancels a flight|
|Time of cancellation||Amount|
|Within 4 hours||$150|
Compensation for JetBlue Delayed Flights
You can also claim compensation if your flight was delayed:
|As per US Guidelines||As per EU Regulations|
|Delay Duration||Amount||Distance Covered||Amount|
|Between 3 and 4 Hours||$50||Less than 1500 Km||£250|
|Between 4 and 5 Hours||$100||Over 1500 Km within EU||£400|
|Between 5 and 6 Hours||$150||Between 1500 and 3500 Km||£400|
|More than 6 Hours||$200||More than 3500 Km||£600|
How to Use JetBlue Travel Bank Credit?
- You can make use of your travel bank credits while booking a JetBlue flight ticket.
- There will be an option on the screen that directs you to your JetBlue travel credit while making the payment.
- You can access the travel credit bank and then apply the number of funds that you want to use for your current booking.
- In order to make use of the funds, you should have the login credentials of TrueBlue or travel bank.
JetBlue Flight Cancellations Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I cancel my JetBlue flight and get a refund?
Ans. Yes!! you can get a refund after canceling your JetBlue Flight.
However, this involves the type of ticket you purchased. if you have purchased a refundable ticket you will get a complete refund
You can also get a complete refund if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of the time of booking.
Q. Does JetBlue let you cancel flights?
Ans. Yes, both refundable and nonrefundable ticket types can cancel their ticket however a blue basic is exceptional as it is not eligible for cancellation.
Q. Why are JetBlue Cancelling flights?
Ans. Usually, the airlines will not cancel the flight unless they are facing some critical problems like bad weather or technical problem.
Q. Can you cancel the JetBlue flight booked with points?
Ans. You can cancel the flight booked with points but to get the refund you should pay a certain cancellation fee.
Q. When can I get my refund from JetBlue?
Ans. From the time of refund request, the airline may take 20 days in order to complete refunds that are paid through credit card, cash, or check.
Q. In what cases JetBlue doesn’t charge for cancellation?
Ans. You can cancel the JetBlue flight without penalty in three cases
- By 24-hour cancellation policy
- By purchasing a refundable ticket
- By being a part of the mosaic group
Q. Will, It be ok if I cancel my ticket within 24 hours?
Ans. JetBlue has a 24-hour cancellation policy by which one can cancel their ticket within 24 hours and get a complete refund without paying a single penny for cancellation
Q. What happens if I cancel my JetBlue flight?
Ans. If you cancel a refundable ticket you will get a full refund and no cancellation fee will be charged. If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you will be charged a fee and the refund will be made as travel credits.
Q. Is it cheaper to cancel my JetBlue flight or change it?
Ans. JetBlue has made both changing and cancelling a flight free on most fares.
Q. How soon before a flight can you cancel JetBlue?
Ans. You are free to cancel a ticket as long it’s before departure.
Q. How do I get a refund from JetBlue Blue Basic?
Ans. You won’t. Blue Basic is the only ticket that doesn’t qualify for a refund.
Q. What is the difference between JetBlue blue and blue Extra?
Ans. JetBlue Blue fare is a standard ticket while Blue extra is a flex one.
Q. How to avoid cancellation fees through JetBlue cancel policy?
Ans. If you cancel a flight within the 24 hours risk-free period, or you are holding a refundable ticket, you won’t incur charges.
Q. When is JetBlue Cancellation fee waived?
Ans. There are times when the airline waives the cancellation fee. Such as special circumstances like death or illness. It also waives the fee due to military or government orders.
Q. How do I know if my flight is refundable?
Ans. You can visit the JetBlue website and enter the flight details to check your current flight status.
Q. Does JetBlue reimburse for Cancelled flights?
Ans. Yes, the airline offers alternate flight, accommodations, transportation and compensation in case of an airline initiated cancellation.
Q. How do I get reimbursement from JetBlue?
Ans. You will automatically receive compensation if you qualify, all you have to do is request one.
Q. How long is JetBlue credit good for?
Ans. JetBlue travel credit has a validity of 1 year.
Q. How much does it cost to cancel a JetBlue flight?
Ans. Only Blue Basic tickets are charged upon cancellation that too $100 to $200.
Q. What happens if I Cancel My JetBlue flight?
Ans. In case if you purchased a refundable ticket, you will get your travel funds in full.