Qatar Airways invite compliments due to its excellent service and commitment towards customers. As a result of such dedication, users can employ the self-help Manage Booking facility available on Qatar Airways to modify their trips. It includes new reservations and pre-booked ones. Hence, travelers can easily cancel existing flights and avail refunds under the Qatar Airways cancellation policy. In order to learn how to proceed with Qatar Airways cancels flights, read the following article.
Cancel Qatar Airways Flight Online via Official Website
The very first method that a passenger can adopt, to approach said cancellations is undoubtedly doing it online via the official website. But before proceeding, the passenger should ensure that he follows the Qatar Airways cancellation policy. Here’s the step-by-step process, kindly follow to cancel your Qatar Airways flight.
- First, the passenger must visit the official website of the airline at the web address given here.
- All you have to do is input the address in your web browser and hit enter.
- The address is: www.qatarairways.com
- Now, those passengers who have the Privilege club membership can log into their respective accounts and use the Manage Booking facility to view and cancel their flights.
- However, there are many who have yet to get a membership. Hence, travelers can also continue the process as a guest, without a need to login.
- Those who want to continue can simply click on the Manage tab and input the relevant flight details accordingly.
- These details include the following:
- The six-digit booking reference number you received after flight confirmation. Check your email to find it.
- And the passenger’s last name as per the ticket.
- These details include the following:
- Now, click on Retrieve Booking.
- The passenger can now view their existing flight on the screen. Select the flight to cancel.
- And click on Cancel.
- After the passenger has initiated the cancellation process, the website will move you to the checkout page.
- On this page, you can view your travel funds, the refund amount, as per the Qatar Airways cancellation policy, the relevant charges, cancellation fee, etc.
- Finally, click on Proceed and get your refunds. If you get travel vouchers as refund, you can request a refund online or offline.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Over a Phone Call
Additionally, passengers can pursue flight cancellations over a phone call. All they have to do is call the customer care helpline and proceed according to the steps detailed below:
- First, the passenger has to call the customer care service at the number provided on the website: +1 877 777 2827 or 1 805-900-8786
- Then, one has to heed the on call instructions and wait for the airline representative to connect.
- Now, request Qatar Airways cancels flights. Proceed to give out your booking details.
- Lastly, make sure of your refund amount and the relevant cancellation fee.
Qatar Airways Flight Cancellation with App
If you are illegible to process a cancellation online via the website, or if you are someone who prefer smartphones, then worry not. Qatar Airways cancels flights is possible on the mobile app. Here’s how to approach it:
The passenger must download the app to start the process. Hence:
- First, go to your mobile app store, be it the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Then, search for the Qatar Airways app and download it.
- Now, launch the app from your home screen after tapping it.
- After that, you can either log in, or continue as a guest.
- Here, tap the Manage Booking tab and input the booking details.
- Your booking reference code
- And the passenger’s last name.
- Then, tap the flight to view the options.
- The passenger should scroll down and tap on the Cancel button.
- After ensuring the refund amount and the cancellation charge, as per the Qatar Airways cancellation policy, proceed with cancelling your ticket.
Qatar Airways Cancel Flight at the Airport
Passengers can also head to the airport to cancel their flights. Although it can be a bit tiresome, the passenger can contact the ticketing counter to request a flight cancellation and pass on your existing flight details. Then, at last, get your refund after paying the cancellation fee.
How to Make Qatar Airways Flight Rebooking?
Before you attempt a rebooking on Qatar Airways, the passenger should understand that first, he has to cancel or change a flight. Only then a rebooking or rescheduling is possible. Hence, given below are the steps, one has to follow in order to attempt Qatar Airways rebooking:
First, the passenger shall head to the official website and click on the Login option.
- Then, enter your Privilege club credentials to log into your respective account.
- Now, click on Manage Booking and view your existing flight details.
- Passengers should first cancel the flight as we have mentioned previously.
- Thus, you can click on your cancelled flights and then select the rebooking option.
- After that, be sure to create a new itinerary as per the Qatar Airways cancellation policy and click on Rebook Trip to confirm your choice.
- On the checkout page, one has to pay the necessary flight change fee and any fare difference, if applicable.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
As per the Qatar Airways cancellation policy, a passenger has to follow certain rules and regulations. Hence, read the guidelines carefully before attempting to cancel a Qatar Airways flight.
- A passenger is free to cancel a flight 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure. However, it is only for international flights. If you want to cancel a domestic flight booked via Qatar Airways be sure to do it at least 90 minutes before the departure.
- Unfortunately, the policy doesn’t cover award tickets.
- In accordance to the US DoT, the airline has to offer a risk free period of 24 hours from initial booking. The said risk-free period will allow free cancellations and a full refund regardless of the fare type. Also, it is only valid if there are flights originating or heading to the United States.
- However, there must be a gap of 7 days or more between your booking and flight departure, for the policy to hold.
There are a few tickets that do not allow cancellation after flight departure. Your entire travel fund will be forfeited under such circumstances.
- If you are traveling on a non-refundable ticket, you won’t qualify for a refund. Even if you do get one, it will be as travel vouchers, and you can’t request a refund against these vouchers.
- If the passenger fails to board the flight due to his mistake, he will be liable for cancellation and the no-show fee.
Qatar Airways Ticket cancellation Within 24 Hours Policy
As we have explained previously, the airline offers a risk-free period of 24 hours. The time starts from the moment you confirm your booking. During this period, a passenger can cancel a flight without any costs. Furthermore, he will be eligible for a full refund. And all that regardless of the ticket you are traveling on. But keep in mind that this risk-free period should be at least 7 days away from your scheduled flight departure.
As such here are a few guidelines:
- Both refundable and non-refundable tickets qualify for this policy.
- And you don’t have to worry about the fare type. Also, the refund will be made to your original mode of payment.
- But, make sure that you have purchased the ticket directly from the airline.
- Award/reward tickets don’t qualify for the policy.
- Similarly, group bookings are also outside the scope of this cancellation policy.
- Any PNR or booking reference that contains more than 9 passengers is not eligible for cancellation under 24 hours.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy for the USA
Qatar Airways cancellation for the USA is actually the real reason behind the 24-hour cancellation policy. AS such any tickets purchased directly will qualify for the policy. Also, there must be a gap of seven days before flight departure.
Passengers are free to use online or offline channels.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Due to Severe Illness
As per the cancellation policy, a passenger failing to board a flight due to special circumstances like a severe illness will be exempted from paying the cancellation fee. And he will also warrant a full refund regardless of fare type. However, he has to provide supporting documents as proof.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Due to Death
Similarly, death is also categorized under special circumstances that warrant a full refund at zero cancellation fee, regardless of the ticket type. However, the exemption will only be made if for the death of a close relative. If the passenger meets an untimely demise, his family can also claim the refund on his behalf. And there has to be proof for the situation.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy Covid
Many airlines have adjusted their policies to accommodate COVID-19 guidelines. As per Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy Covid, a passenger is allowed more flexibility. The passenger can cancel the ticket for free and get a refund. He is also allowed to make unlimited modifications and also change the tickets into points at the merit of an additional 10% increase in value. The time period decided for this adjusted policy is tickets issued on or after August 31, 2021, for travel before or on May 31, 2022.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee
Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee
|Fare Component||Cancellation Fee||No-show Fee||Total Amount|
Qatar Airways Extends and Adjust Rebooking Policy
Qatar Airways recently extended its rebooking policy till December 31, 2021, and it has some new policies that you should know.
Qatar Airways has a privilege club and if you are a member of this club then you can change your destination to another place without changing the country or region, however, this way is accessible for everyone irrespective of membership.
Qatar Airways Rebooking for Canceled or Unused Tickets
After canceling your ticket you can either request a refund or rebook a ticket by visiting “refund requests” on the official website of Qatar airways.
There are certain rules when it comes to rebooking keep reading to know all the rules
- When you rebook a ticket the airline will book a ticket on the alternate flight without changing your class by this way you won’t be charged any extra fee
- If the ticket in the same class is not available then airways will automatically choose a higher class ticket and you will be charged the extra for a higher fair.
- If a booked a business class or first class then airways will provide you coach class ticket or it will give you a limited refund
- If the seats are insufficient then the airline will look after you by providing a carrier to take you to your destination.
Flight Change Policy of Qatar Airways
The airline also adheres to a strict flight change policy that dictates the following rules and guidelines:
- A passenger is free to make any changes to his itinerary if it is according to the rules.
- Hence, any same-day flight changes will be discarded.
- Also, the passenger has to ensure that any rebooking has to be made within the same class or lower.
- Even if the change fee is not levied, the customer has to pay the difference in fare.
- But any changes will only qualify if it is done on tickets that were directly purchased from the airline for flights that operate under Qatar Airways.
- For tickets procured via third parties, the passenger has to contact them for any changes.
- In case the flight is headed to the Australian continent, the passenger needs to finish modifications at least 3 days prior to departure.
- You are free to make name changes, but it falls under the name change policy.
Qatar Airways Change Flight Process
We will now demonstrate how to make a change on your existing booking.
- The passenger must first visit the Qatar Airways website.
- And login to their Privilege club accounts.
- After that, one can directly click on Manage Booking to view pre-existing flights that are scheduled for departure.
- Now, select a flight and make changes according to the policy.
- A passenger can make these changes:
- Seat change
- Seat upgrade/downgrade
- Cabin upgrade
- Add extra baggage
- Change meal options
- Date change
- Time change
- Name change
- Once you are ready with your modifications, click on Proceed.
- On the check-out page, you have to pay the necessary change fee, depending on what changes you made, and the difference in fare between your previous and new flight.
Qatar Airways Refund Policy
In case the Qatar flight encounters a delay/cancellation due to controllable or uncontrollable reasons, the passenger can claim a full refund. However, there are a few rules for this scenario such as:
- The refund is only provided if the airline fails to notify the passengers in advance.
- The advance notice should at least be of 14 days.
- Also, only those flights will be considered that are at least 3 hours late.
- In case of a cancellation the airline will provide an alternative flight.
- However, if there are no such flights, then the airline has to offer sufficient accommodation plus transportation.
- The airline can also rebook the passenger on a different airline.
- Passengers have the right to deny the alternate flight and claim a refund instead.
How to Get Qatar Airways Refund
Generally, you get a refund automatically when you cancel a Qatar flight. However sometimes you may get travel vouchers/credits as refunds due to the fare type. In such situations, you can claim a refund against such credits. Also, if you are warranted a claim due to an airline-initiated cancellation, you can request a refund. Moreover, remember that you can request such refunds both online and offline.
Request a Refund Online (Already Cancelled Flights)
- First, as a passenger, you need to head to the QA official website.
- Then login to your account and click on Cancelled flights after selecting Manage Booking.
- Now, click on the cancelled flight you want to claim a refund off.
- Scroll down and click on Request Refund.
- Then fill in the form and submit it.
Request a Refund Online (Qatar Cancels flights)
- You can start by visiting the website.
- Then click on Help.
- On the new page, click on Refund and travel voucher.
- Here, input your details and hit enter.
- You would then submit the claim to the customer care and await further instructions.
Request a Refund Offline
- Passengers can start by calling the customer care service online.
- Then, contact the airline representative and request a refund.
- Now, provide your cancelled flight details.
- And follow up as per instructions.
How Do I Know if I am Eligible for Compensation or Not?
Before you can claim a refund with the airline, you have to make sure if you can get one or not. There are many passengers who do not qualify for a refund. As such here are a few guidelines:
- If you have cancelled the flight during the risk free period.
- Even though you have cancelled the flight after the period, if you are holding a refundable one, you can get a refund.
- Furthermore, those whose booking was denied or cancelled on the airline’s side can also request a refund.
- You can also claim it if there is a delay of more than 3 hours.
- Those who are here under the military or government order can also claim refund.
Qatar Airways Compensation Policy Due to Flight Delays & Cancellations
AS per the EU guidelines, a flight delay or cancellation need to be compensated. Hence:
- If there is a delay of 2 hours or more, the passenger is entitled to free meals and beverages.
- He is also qualified for communication with family or friend.
- In case there is a need of accommodation, it will also be provided alongside respective transportation.
- Furthermore, any expense occurring throughout this delay will be covered by the airline.
- As soon the delay is more than 5 hours, the passenger can directly claim a full refund or an additional flight.
- If your flight is to and or from EU, and it is 2 hours late or more, then you can also claim additional compensation alongside the above-mentioned assistance.
How to get Compensation from Qatar airways for flight delays
Compensation is given by Qatar airways mostly in two cases
1. If your flight got delayed
2. When the airways cancel your flight altogether.
Compensation for Qatar Flight Delays
The compensation is done by Qatar airways depending upon the number of hours your flight is delayed.
- If your flight got delayed for two hours then Qatar airways will provide you certain facilities like food and accommodation, it will also provide free transport from the airport to the accommodation.
- If your flight got delayed for three hours then Qatar airways will provide you money as compensation.
- If your flight got delayed for five hours then Qatar airways will provide you a refund.
How Much Compensation will I get for Flight Delays?
Qatar Airways Flight Delay Compensation
|As per the EU Guidelines||As per the US guidelines|
|Flight within the EU||Flight outside of the EU||Flight to and from the US|
|Up to 2 hours||Up to 1500 Km||£125||More than 2 hours||Up to 1500 Km||£250||Between 3 and 6 hours||$400|
|3 to 4 hours (But not Exceeding 4 Hours)||1500 to 3500 Km||£200||More than 4 hours||1500 to 3500 Km||£400||Between 6 and 9 hours||$700|
|3 to 4 hours (But not Exceeding 4 Hours)||More than 3500 Km||£300||More than 4 hours||More than 3500 Km||£600||More than 9 hours||$1000|
Compensation for Qatar Flight Cancellation
- You can only get compensation if the cancellation is done by the airways. Usually, the airways will arrange a backup flight to send you to your destination but in some cases, it may fail then Qatar Airways will insist to give you compensation.
- You will not get complete compensation if your flight is delayed for 2-5 hours. however, you can avail a compensation of 50%
- You can only get compensation if your flight is canceled due to technical issues as the airways will not provide any compensation if the flight got canceled because of bad weather.
How much Compensation will I get for Flight Cancellations
Qatar Airways Flight Cancellation Compensation
|1 hour early||2 hours later||Less than 1500 Km||$125|
|On Time||2 hours late||$250|
|1 hour early||3 hours later||Between 1500 and 3500 Km||$200|
|On Time||3 hours late||$400|
|1 hour early||4 hours later||More than 3500 Km||$300|
|On Time||4 hours late||$600|
How to Claim Qatar Airways Compensation?
- To claim the compensation, you can visit the official website of Qatar airways and go to “claim calculator” and give all the flight details with your contact info.
- You can also call their customer service and clear all your queries regarding the compensation
Booking a ticket for a dream destination is one of the therapeutic things one can do. But, when it comes to traveling there are “n” number of things that disturb you from getting into the flight, it can be your “not this time” kind of friend or lousy weather conditions. No matter what the reason is, get ready to face any kind of situation and make things happen by taking situations under your control. However, this might need a lot of knowledge before booking the Qatar Airways ticket, and that is exactly why we are here!!! We help you in figuring out all the possible ways to make your traveling delightful so if you are someone who booked your ticket with Qatar airways keep reading cause we are going to spill all the tea that you need to know.
Qatar Airways Cancellation FAQs
Q. Am I eligible for Qatar airway flight compensation?
If the airways delayed or canceled your flight then you can claim compensation by visiting their official website but if the airways canceled or delayed your flight due to bad weather conditions then you can not claim compensation.
Q. How to Know if Your Flight Ticket is Refundable?
Ans. You can read the fare details during purchase or contact the customer care for more information.
Q. How to cancel Qatar Airways ticket and rebook it without penalty?
Ans. You can do so within the risk-free period of 24 hours from initial booking or if you are holding a refundable/flexible ticket.
Q. When can I claim compensation for my cancelled Qatar Airways flight?
Ans. You can claim a compensation only if the flight is at least 5 hours or more late.
Also, you have to ensure that the airline didn’t offer any alternate flights, and it didn’t inform the passenger at least 14 days in advance of said delay/cancellation.
Q. Does Qatar Airways do full refund?
Ans. Yes, if you are cancelling during the 24-hour risk-free period or holding a refundable ticket, you will merit a full refund. Similarly, if the airline initiates the cancellation, due to controllable or uncontrollable reasons, you can get a full refund as well.
Q. What happens if my flight is Cancelled Qatar?
Ans. You can either rebook a new flight at zero rebooking fee or claim a compensation.
Q. How many days or time before we can cancel a flight ticket?
Ans. You can cancel a ticket at least 3 hours prior departure in case of international flights and 90 minutes in case of domestic ones.
Q. How long does it take to get a refund from Qatar Airways?
Ans. The airline will revert the refund within 7 to 10 working days.
Q. What happens if you miss a connecting flight Qatar Airways?
Ans. If you missed the flight due to negligence on behalf of Qatar Airways, the airline will rebook you a new flight at its expense. However, if you miss the Qatar flight due to a connecting flight, the airline will not be under any obligation to provide help.
Q. Can I change my connecting flight Qatar Airways?
Ans. You are free to change your itinerary as per the flight change policy.
Q. How late can I change my Qatar flight?
Ans. Any changes will have to be made before flight departure.
Q. Is Qatar Airways flights cancelled?
Ans. The airline can cancel a flight due to controllable and uncontrollable reasons.
Q. Can I change my Qatar flight?
Yes! You can change your Qatar flight by paying a certain amount of change fee depending upon your destination. To change your ticket visit the official website and click on the “modify flight”.
Q. Can I change my Qatar flight and get a refund?
Flight changes can be done by either you or the airways. The airways usually change the flight when it delays or cancels a flight in this case you can either get a refund or pick the alternate flight. but, one can get a refund if the airways fail to offer an alternative flight but, if you change your flight and if your ticket is eligible for a refund. Then you can cancel the flight and can get a refund of that specific ticket and then you can change your flight.
Q. What is the cancellation fee for Qatar airways tickets?
- The cancellation fee completely depends upon the type of ticket you choose to fly with
- With a refundable ticket, you can be free from fear as you can cancel your ticket anytime and get a full refund in the same mode of payment
- However, The same rule is not applied for a non-refundable ticket as you will be asked to pay a cancellation fee varying from 200$ to 500$ and the refund will be done in the e-credit form
- Brush the cancellation fee off by canceling your ticket 24 hours from booking.
Q. Can I cancel my Qatar airways ticket within 24 hours?
Yes!! In fact, it is a very wise option if you want to save a few pennies. This option enables the chance of cutting down the cancellation fee.
Q. How do I know if my Qatar airway ticket is refundable?
- Once you cancel your ticket you can request for refund
- To track your refund go to “travel funds”
- Then it will tell if your ticket is eligible for refundable or not.