Qatar Airways is the flag carrier of Qatar and amongst the best airlines in the world. It is known for its quality service and customer satisfaction. Also, the airline offers comprehensive policies to cover many issues that can challenge air travel. As a result, it has employed a self-help booking management feature to aid passengers with their reservations. Now, travelers can easily manage and modify their itinerary without help and incurring charges. One such help is Qatar change name on ticket. Let’s find out what it is and how to do it.
Qatar Airways Change Name on Ticket Using Manage Booking
Passengers can use the Manage Booking on Qatar Airways to rectify their pre-booked flights. It can be done both offline and online. As such, a name change on ticket isn’t a hassle anymore. As long the passengers adhere to the relevant policy it can even be very easy. Given below are a few methods to change name on Qatar Airways ticket.
Change Name on Qatar Airways Ticket Online
Passenger can utilize the official website and make changes to the name. But remember that online method doesn’t allow full name changes but only corrections. All they have to do is:
- First, go to the official Qatar Airways website.
- Then, click on My Trips.
- Those who have a Privilege Club membership can directly log into their accounts and view all their pre-booked flights at once. However, you can also continue without logging in.
- Now, enter the booking details such as:
- The booking reference you got during confirmation.
- And the passenger’s last name.
- After that, click on Retrieve Booking and wait for a new page to load.
- Then, locate and select your pre-booked flight and click on Change Flight.
- Now, move the cursor to the Name and click on the Edit link next to it.
- Here you can rectify the name as per the name change policy.
- Afterwards, you can click on Proceed.
- The website will redirect you to check out as you need to pay the name change fee.
- After making the payment your new itinerary will be ready.
Change Name Qatar Airways Over a Phone Call
You can also contact the Qatar Airways customer care and ask for a name change. Infact, other than corrections, any changes will have to go through offline channels like over a phone call. Thus, all you have to do is:
- First call the Qatar Airways customer service at +1 805 900 8786.
- Then, wait for the airline representative to connect.
- After that, inform the agent of your name change request and provide the booking details.
- Under legal conditions, a name change will warrant supporting documents such as:
- Marriage certificate/license
- Divorce decree/agreement
- Adoption certificate
- Court Affidavit.
- Thus provide the customer care with the supporting documentation via a courier or through an email.
- Lastly pay the name change fee and wait as it can take up to 24 hours to reflect a name change.
Change Passenger Name Qatar Airways at the Airport
You can also contact the airline representative at the ticketing counter within the airport. Inform him of your request and demand a correction after providing the relevant information about your booking and name change with supporting documents.
Qatar Airways Name Change Policy
As per the guidelines and rules defined by the airline as its name change policy, these are a few salient points to consider:
- Qatar Airways doesn’t allow a full name change under any circumstances. If you feel like you have to alter the whole name, the only recourse you have is to cancel the reservation in complete and rebook it using the latest information.
- Qatar Airways also forbids the transfer of ticket ownership to another.
- Passengers are only allowed to alter their first or last name, and that too up to 3 characters combined.
- Although inconsequential, any changes in a middle name must also come under the name correction.
- Name correction differs from name change, because you can alter a whole name (last or first only and only one).
- But name changes can’t take place online, you have to contact the offline channels for such changes.
- Also, such changes require legal documents as support for the claim.
- You can only change a name under conditions where you are legally obligated such as:
- Name change via court affidavit
- You can’t change your date of birth and or gender under the name change policy.
- After the issuance of PNR, no matter correction or change, it can only e processed offline.
- If you bought a ticket via the Privilege Club, you can’t change it.
- You are not allowed to swap the first and last names.
- The e-ticket must reflect the corrected name, and it must be the same as a government issued photo identify card.
- The airline will charge you a name change fee.
- Although any changes made within 24 hours of initial booking will be exempted from any charges.
- A name change on a code-shared flight is subject to availability. As a new PNR has to be issued, the seats have to be taken into consideration.
- You can’t directly correct your name on a PNR, First, you will to cancel the trip as a whole and then rebook it under a new reservation.
Qatar Airways Name Change Fee
As per the policy, any name corrections made online is free. However, any name changes will incur a charge regardless of fare type. In case you are changing a name within the risk-free period, you will be charged $150. After that it will increase to a base price of $250. The prices are subject to fluctuation depending on destination though.
Qatar Airways Name Change Before a Ticket is Issued
You can make certain corrections or changes only before a ticket is issued:
- You can correct the name up to a total of 3 characters, combining both first and last name.
- The correction also includes altering titles and middle name.
- You can’t change your date of birth and or gender under the policy.
- For a name change contact the customer care offline.
- And such changes need legal documents for proof.
Qatar Airways Change Name After a Ticket is Issued
Similarly, there are some changes that can only be made after ticket issuance. Such as:
- For any name changes with an affidavit.
- If you want to add, alter or remove the middle name initials.
- If you want to add, delete or modify an infant.
- Any other legal changes.
Qatar Name Change – Frequently Asked Questions–
1. Is the Name correction of the Name change the same?
Ans: No, a name correction includes only 3 letters while name change is a legal change in first or last name.
2. Is there fee for Qatar name change?
Ans: Yes, the airline charges a minimum of $150 during the risk-free period and $250 afterwards. However, corrections are free.
3. Does Qatar require middle names?
Ans: No, but the policy remains the same for any middle name corrections or changes.
4. Can we change the name after booking flight ticket?
Ans: Yes, but only offline.
5. How can I correct my spelling mistake in Qatar visa?
Ans: You will have to contact the relevant office.
6. Qatar Airways change passenger name for the middle name?
Ans: You can, although middle names aren’t necessary on Qatar Airways.
7. Can I change my passport details after booking flight Qatar?
Ans: You can, but make sure that the name on the ticket matches that on the passport.
8. How do I book a ticket with Qatar if I don’t have last name?
Ans: You will have to contact the offline customer care services for further information.
9. Can I change name on flight ticket Qatar Airways?
Ans: Yes you can make change to an issued ticket.
10. Name change Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Ans: You can’t change a name on ticket purchased via Privilege Club rewards.
11. How to change name in Qatar Airways account?
Ans: Yes, you can by contacting the customer care.
12. How to change name in Qatar Airways ticket?
Ans: The sole way to change name on a ticket is by submitting supporting legal documents to the customer care offline.