Southwest is an ultra low fare airline that adheres to the principal of quality service at affordable prices. It is the only Norther American airline to offer free flight changes and cancellations. As such, rebooking a cancelled or changed flight doesn’t carry additional charge with Southwest Airlines. Passengers can use the Manage Booking for Southwest Airlines rebook.
Southwest Airlines Rebook Flight Via the Official Website
Before we proceed further with our explanation, it is impertinent that we inform our readers that one can only rebook a flight is it’s already changed or cancelled. Hence, Southwest Airlines rebook requires passengers to first modify their itinerary and then rebook it. This rebooking can be at a later date and different fare, but the airline won’t charge you anything. However, any fare difference will still apply.
To rebook follow these steps:
- First, visit the official Southwest website.
- Then, on the home page locate the Change/Cancel tab and click on it.
- Now enter your booking details, such as:
- Your six-digit confirmation number that can be found on the email you received at the time of booking.
- Passenger detail like the first and last name.
- Although, you can also log into your Rapid Rewards account for a quick view of all of your pre-bookings.
- Now, click on Search and then select your flight.
- After making modifications, click on the Rebook Flight option.
- Now, the website will redirect you to the check-out page.
- Here you are required to pay the fare difference if applicable and then your Southwest Airlines rebook will be over.
Southwest Airlines Rebooking Through the Mobile App
You can also employ the official mobile app for a rebooking. All you need to do is change or cancel your flight from the app and rebook it. Here are the steps you should take:
- First go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Then search for the Southwest App. Download it and wait for the installation to finish.
- After that, go to the home screen and tap the app icon to launch it.
- Now input your flight details under Change/Cancel tab.
- The details include your flight confirmation number and passenger detail.
- After that, locate your pre-booked flight and make the necessary changes or cancellation.
- Then, rebook your flight and proceed to payments.
Southwest Airlines Rebook With the Customer Care Number
You can call the Southwest Airlines customer care at 1-800-548-3192, and request a rebooking of a changed or cancelled flight. All you need to do is provide your booking details and make sure the rebooking adheres to the Southwest Airlines rebook policy.
Southwest Airlines Rebook at the Airport
At the same time, offline recourse includes Southwest Airlines rebook at the airport. However, it is considered a last minute approach as it is full of hassle and somewhat time consuming. Furthermore, the airlines charges a special service fee of $25 for any rebooking done via the airport. However, you can contact the airline representative at the ticket counter and request a rebooking.
Southwest Airlines Rebook With Credit
You can also use your travel credits for rebooking your flight. Al you need to do is:
- Log into your Rapid Rewards account and proceed to rebook a flight.
- At the time of payment, select travel credits as the mode of payments.
- Lastly input the details of the canceled fight you were awarded the credits for and pay any remaining balance.
How do I Rebook Cancelled Flight Southwest Airlines?
It is also possible to rebook a cancelled flight at Southwest Airlines. Simply follow these steps:
- First, visit the official Southwest Airlines.
- Then, log into your Rewards account.
- Now go to the Manage section and preview all of your cancelled flights.
- Then, select a flight you want to rebook.
- Here, you can modify your itinerary as if it’s a new booking. However, remember that the rebooking must adhere to the policy.
- Lastly click on Rebook Flight and pay the necessary fee, if applicable.
Southwest Airlines Rebooking Policy
Southwest Airlines rebooking policy states the following:
- Any rebooking within 24 hours of initial reservation will be free of cost.
- Only tickets purchased directly from Southwest will be considered for rebooking.
- In case of a missed flight due to airlines negligence, the rebooking will be free.
- If you miss your connecting flight due to Southwest, the airline will rebook you an alternate flight.
- However, if you miss your Southwest flight due to a connecting flight, then Southwest is under no obligation of rebooking.
- You can change and rebook a flight even 10 minutes before its departure.
- A rebooking needs a flight to be changed or cancelled first.
- If you rebook a flight with less than 10 minutes in departure, you will be subject to a fare difference plus a fee of $75.
Southwest Airlines Rebooking Fee
Southwest is the most generous airline as it allows one free change or cancellation, regardless of fare type. Only fare difference will apply in case of such rebooking. Furthermore, there is the risk-free period that also offers free modification. You are even free to make rebooking 10 minutes before scheduled departure. Despite all this facility, if you are somehow charged, it will only cost a base amount of $75. However, this charge is subject to fare type and destination, and hence it can fluctuate accordingly.
Southwest Flight Cancellation Policy
Southwest flight cancellation policy states that:
- You are free to cancel any flights at least 10 minutes before departure.
- One cancellation per ticket is allowed for free.
- Also, any cancellation within the 24-hour risk-free period is also available at no cost.
- Such cancellations are also eligible for a full refund.
- However, there must be a difference of 7 days or more between booking and departure.
- Any refundable ticket is subject to a full refund.
- Non-refundable tickets are only eligible for travel credits.
- A refund will take 7 to 10 business days to revert.
- Only tickets purchased directly from Southwest are eligible for cancellation and subsequent refund.
Southwest Flight Change Policy
Southwest flight change policy is as follows:
- Any ticket purchased directly from the Southwest airline will be subject to the flight change policy.
- Only flights operated under Southwest are eligible for any changes.
- All changes are free, once per ticket, regardless of fare type.
- In such cases, only fare difference will apply.
- You are free to make changes up to 10 minutes before scheduled departure.
- The same-day changes for an international flight must be done offline. You can’t rebook such flights online with less than 2 hours remaining till departure.
- Wanna Get Away tickets are non-refundable and non-flexible. Although you can change and or cancel these, you will only get travel credit as refund.
- A travel credit is valid up to one year from issuance.
- International flights can also be changed as per the flight change policy at zero costs, but any fare difference will be levied.
- If you change your fare class, any difference will be refunded as travel credits.
- You can change a flight under medical or special emergencies at no charge.
- You can also change a flight after check-in, provided there are at least 40 minutes remaining till departure.
What is Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy?
Southwest also offers missed flight rebooking under the Missed Flight Policy. It states the following:
- You must inform the airline in case of a missed flight. Otherwise, the airline might mark you under the no-show policy and forfeit travel fund.
- Furthermore, it can also levy a no-show fee.
- Advance information can help you with rebooking.
- In such cases, the airline will rebook you on the earliest possible flight to the same destination.
- If you miss the flight due to Southwest, the the airline will fully refund your ticket and also provide compensation alongside free rebooking.
- If the missed flight was the last flight of the day, the airline will rebook you at the first flight the next day.
- In a rebooking involving a missed flight due to your mistake, the actual travel route may vary. The destination hub can also change.
- In order to have an earlier rebooking it is advised that you reach the airport at least 2 hours within flight departure.
- As per the Southwest rebooking policy, you can also cancel a missed flight and rebook it after departure, but within a stipulated timeframe.
Southwest Airlines Rebook Cancelled Flight – FAQs
Ans: You are free to make as many changes as you want but only the first one will be free, after that a change fee of minimum $75 will apply.
Ans: As mentioned earlier, you are free to make any number of changes, but you have to bear the relevant fees.
Ans: Under the airline’s policy, Southwest Airlines rebook is possible.
Ans: Southwest Airlines rebook cancelled flight is very easy if you are using the Manage Booking service.
Ans: Yes, any changes to Southwest Airlines is free the first time.
Ans: You can use the Manage Booking for a Southwest Airlines rebook cancelled flight.
Ans: The airline will help you with the rebooking under the missed flight policy.
Ans: Every Southwest ticket is eligible for a refund if it adheres to the cancellation policy.
Ans: You can cancel non-refundable tickets to get credits automatically, or select the option when requesting refunds.
Ans: It is the cheapest available Southwest ticket.
Ans: Wanna get away is a non-refundable ticket while Anytime is a refundable one.
Ans: You can use the Manage Booking, offline or online, to ascertain your flight status.
Leave a Reply