With the growing advancement of technology, things have gotten pretty easy for all of us. From flight booking to cancellation, from flight changing to check-ins, everything can be quickly done over the internet. Like most renowned airlines, United Airlines also offers you check-in without any problem. The United Airlines check in policy is so easy that you will not have any problem even if you have not taken a flight in your life.
United Airlines Check-in Time
United Airlines Check-in Time Other airports
|Asia and the Pacific
|75 minutes minimum required times in Dubai (DXB)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Chuuk (TKK)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Amsterdam (AMS)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Tel Aviv (TLV)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Delhi (DEL)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Athens (ATH)
|Latin America and the Caribbean
|60 minutes minimum required times in Guam (GUM)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Berlin (BER)
|45 minutes minimum required times in Aguadilla (BQN)
|90 mins minimum required times in Guam (GUM) to Honolulu (HNL)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Brussels (BRU)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Lima (LIM)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Kosrae (KSA)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Dublin (DUB)
|90 minutes minimum required times in St. Thomas (STT)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Kwajalein (KWA)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Frankfurt (FRA)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Manila (MNL)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Milan (MXP)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Accra (ACC)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Palau (ROR)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Paris (CDG)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Lagos (LOS)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Pohnpei (PNI)
|75 minutes minimum required times in Rome (FCO)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Saipan (SPN)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Toronto (YYZ)
|90 minutes minimum required times in Yap (YAP)
Online check-ins allow us to save a lot of time in our lives. Even a decade ago, people could not think of any other way of doing check-ins other than being physically at the airport. But now, the time has changed, and so has the United check in policy. United Airlines knows how busy you are in your life, and that is why it has created such a brilliant and feasible check-in procedure that you will not have any problem even if you are a bit late for your flight.
As United Airlines has been serving people for the past nine decades, they understand your needs. They stay up to date with the growing technological advancement of modern life. In this blog, we are going to provide you with all the crucial information about check in United Airlines through online and offline modes.
How to do United Check-In for Your Flight?
There are several modes through which you can do United Airlines check in. To board your United Airlines flight, you will need to do the checking. Even a few years ago, travelers were only allowed to do check-in after standing in a long queue for an hour or more. But now, due to the ongoing progress of the internet, check-ins of United Airlines flights can be done online.
The United Airlines check in online mode allows you to reach the airport a lot later than you would have to reach if you are physically checking yourself in. United Airlines allows you to do check-in via their official website, mobile application, phone number, and airport.
United Airlines knows that everyone is not comfortable using the internet. That is why they have continued their regular check-in services so that people can physically check themselves in through the airport kiosks.
In the following part of the blog, we will explain every United flight check in policy to you in detail. After reading this, you will not have any questions on your mind.
How to do United Flight Check-In Online Through United.com?
Like any other airline, United Airlines also allows you to check in up to 24 hours before your journey. In this section of this article, we will explain how you can do United Airlines check in online by using the airlines’ official website. Follow the following steps to ease your check-in process.
- To start the check-in process of your United Airlines flight, enter the airlines’ official website, www.united.com, on your search engine and visit its homepage.
- On the homepage only, you will see the ‘check-in’ tab. Click on the tab to proceed with the check-in steps.
- You will be asked to enter your e-Ticket or confirmation number. Enter that along with your last name.
- For those, who have a Mileage-Plus account, logging in through that account is also okay.
- When you enter all the requisite details, you will get your boarding pass. Many people print the pass right then and there, while others prefer to get it via email.
- You can show the email containing your boarding pass in the airport, but if you want the printed version, visiting any self-service United Airlines kiosk will be a good idea for you.
By following all the steps mentioned above, you will have no problem in checking-in through the United Airlines official website.
United Airlines Web Check-In Eligibility
- Anyone taking international or domestic flights through United Airlines is eligible for web check-in through the official website.
- But you will not be allowed a web check-in if your journey has more than four flights. Also, you will have to download your electronic ticket and scan your passport before online web check-ins.
- One of the most important things that you must keep in mind is that you will not be allowed web check-in if you have booked your flight through an offline mode. Also, you will be denied web check-in if you have booked the Basic Economy class for your flight.
- Lastly, remember that you need to keep your total number of passengers under nine for online web check-in.
How to do United Airlines Check-In Through Your Mobile Device?
United online check-in can be done even more efficiently if you have the United Airlines app on your smartphone. Apart from allowing you to do efficient check-ins, the United Airlines mobile app allows you to cancel and change your flight quite easily. For using this app to do check-in easily, follow the steps provided below.
- Open your United Airlines app for checking in up to 24 hours before your departure time.
- If you are not already logged in, log in on your account by providing your flight e-confirmation number and last name.
- Under the flight status tab, you will see your flight.
- Click on your flight to check in through your app.
- After checking in, you can print your boarding pass or get it at your email address.
By showing the printed boarding pass, you will be able to board your flight pretty quickly. If you want, you can get the printed pass from the United Airlines kiosks in the airport. Remember, you can check in 60 minutes before your flight time through the app.
United Online Check-In Through Mobile Eligibility
You must fulfill the following conditions if you want to do check-in through the United Airlines mobile app.
- It would be best if you had an e-ticket to avail of this option.
- Remember to keep in mind if your departure destination airport accepts mobile boarding passes.
- If your trip has multiple legs, the first flight must be through United Airlines.
- In this case, you have any specific requirements, and you will not be allowed to do web check-in using the United Airlines app.
How to do United Airlines Check-In Over the Phone?
United airlines check-in over the phone is another effective way of doing check-ins before your flight. This process is genuinely effective for anyone who does not prefer using the internet or lacks internet connectivity in his home. For availing of this service, you need to do the following steps:
- Call the official number of United Airlines, 1-877-406-5092.
- After calling the number mentioned above, you need to say check-in. You will be asked to say the phrase through the automated menu of the United Airlines reservation department.
- By availing of the voice check-in service, you will be allowed to do the check-in for yourself as well as your luggage.
- The boarding passes will be sent to your email. Otherwise, you can pick it up in the United Airlines kiosk after reaching the airport.
United Check-In Through Phone Eligibility
You need to fulfill the following criteria for doing successful voice check-in for your United Airlines flight.
- Every United Airlines ticket holder is eligible for voice check-ins no matter which class ticket they got.
- If you are traveling outside the US, this service will not be available to you.
- You need to travel with less than ten people to avail of this service.
How to do United Airline Check In at the Airport?
If you do not rely on your internet connection for doing United Airlines check in, you can do it at the airport. At the airport, you can do check-ins through three different methods- Kiosk, Counter, and Curbside. In the following section of this article, we will go through all the procedures for your understandability.
Kiosk Check In
If you follow the steps mentioned below, you will not have any problem checking in through the United Airlines kiosks at the airport.
- To do kiosk check-in easily, you need to activate the self-serve facility at the United Airlines kiosk at the airport.
- You can easily activate it by swiping your MileagePlus card, passport, credit card, or driver’s license.
After activating the self-serve facility, you need to scan your passport and enter your ticket confirmation number for generating your boarding pass.
- At the kiosk, only you will get to print your boarding pass and check in your baggage.
- If you want, you can upgrade your seat at the kiosk.
- By following the steps mentioned, we hope all of your doubts regarding United Airlines kiosk check-in have been diminished.
Curbside Check In
Throughout several US airports, United Airlines offers curbside check-in facilities to its passengers. For availing it, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To do curbside check in United Airlines, have your flight reservation code, destination, e-ticket number, and photo id ready.
- You will need to reach a United Airlines curbside for giving out the above information at least 30 minutes before your departure time.
- The customer care representative at the curbside will print out your boarding pass and check you in.
The counter check-in option of United Airlines is pretty similar to its curbside check-in option. As most US airports have many United Airlines counters, you will not have any difficulty finding one.
When you find a United Airlines counter, produce your e-ticket and your photo id to generate your boarding pass and check yourself in. You will be able to check in your baggage in the United Airlines counters quite easily.
Kiosk, Curbside, and Counter United Airlines Check In Eligibility
To check in through the United Airlines kiosks, curbsides, or counters, remember to keep the following points in your mind.
- It would be best if you reached the airport at least 45 minutes before your flight if it is domestic and 60 minutes before any international flight. This rule applies if you want to do counter or curbside check-ins.
- If your flight has several legs, and the first trip is not availed through United Airlines, kiosk check-in will not be available for you.
- If you do not bring a valid photo id card, you will not be able to check in through any of the modes mentioned in this section.
We hope we have been able to sort out every one of your questions regarding United check in in this blog.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. When it comes to efficient check-ins, nothing can beat online check-ins. Web check-ins allow you to save a lot of time and help you board your flight at the right time in a hassle-free way.
Ans. If you have booked United premium cabin tickets, you will get two free checked bags. Remember, you must get tickets for the Business, First-Class, or Polaris cabins to avail of this offer.
Ans. Even though United Airlines allows you to check in 24 hours before your flight, you can check in one hour before your flight.
Ans. There is nothing wrong with not checking in before 24 hours of your flight. You can easily do online or offline check-ins before one hour of your flight.
Ans. It would be best if you had a printed boarding pass before getting on your flight. Even if you do not print it beforehand, you can avail yourself of the United Airlines kiosks or counters for printing your pass at the airport.
Ans. Even though online check-ins are exceptionally helpful, some people might find it difficult to avail. Online check-ins can prove to be hazardous if you have a weak internet connection.
Ans. You can check in up to 24 hours before your flight for United Airlines.
Ans. If you miss your check-in at the airport, you will unfortunately not board your plane.