How to Cancel My Air Canada Ticket Online?
You have two different ways to cancel your ticket one is online and the other way is by placing a call.
Here are the steps that you need to follow if you want to cancel your ticket online:
- Visit the official website of Air Canada which is www.aircanada.com
- Now login with your personal details
- Tap on manage my booking
- You will be asked to enter the booking number and name
- Now follow the screen prompts to cancel your ticket
As said before, you can also place a cancellation request by calling Air Canada Flight Cancellation Phone Number. The customer service of Air Canada will serve 24/7 in order to solve any kind of issue.
What is Air Canada Cancellation Policy?
Air Canada’s cancellation policy is straightforward and as flat as a pancake as a passenger can easily cancel their ticket without going through a neverending hopeless process.
As per the cancelation policy, one can cancel their ticket irrespective of a refundable or non-refundable ticket.
According to the 24-hour cancellation policy of Air Canada, you can cancel their ticket in 24 hours from the point of booking, By this, you can avoid the cancellation fee and get a complete refund.
You can cancel and request a refund without paying any cancellation fee if you booked a refundable ticket.
What is Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets?
Though the refundable tickets are a little bit on the expensive side they are totally worth getting as they allow you to cancel your ticket anytime without charging any kind of cancellation fee and you can also get a refund within 7 to 20 days depending upon the original mode of payment.
One can easily cut and run away from the cancellation fee by making a simple move, wondering what that is!! Well, by making a quick decision.
If you make up your mind and try to cancel your ticket faster, which is exactly within 24 hours from the point of booking then you don’t have to bother about the cancellation fee.
What is Air Canada Cancellation Policy for a Non-Refundable Ticket?
Air Canada’s non-refundable ticket is eligible for cancellation. But, you have to pay a cancellation fee depending upon the fare, class, and destination you chose to fly. “There is a price to pay for every action” this applies to canceling a nonrefundable ticket as
24 Hour Air Canada Cancellation Policy
According to the 24-hour Air Canada cancellation policy, irrespective of ticket type one can avoid cancellation/change fee by placing a cancellation/changing their ticket within the next 24 hours from the point of booking.
- This policy is applicable to all kind of tickets
- However, if you cancel your ticket after the grace period you have to pay a cancellation fee depending upon the fare and class you choose to fly
- With this policy, you can also get a complete refund within 5-20 days depending on your original payment mode.
Air Canada Change Policy
- If you want to make any changes to a refundable ticket then you don’t have to bother about the extra fee as you won’t be charged any but, you have to pay the fare for the difference.
- If your old ticket is pricier than the new ticket then the refund will be done by the airlines. The refund will be done in the form of e-credit with which you can book your future flights
- When it comes to a non-refundable ticket you can make any changes but you will be charged an extra amount as change fees and you should also pay the fare difference.
- After all, deductions, if there is a leftover amount then it will be refunded in the e-credit form.
- However, you can make a change and still avoid the changes fees by making the changes in the next 24 hours from the point of booking.
How Much Cancellation Fee does Air Canada Charge?
The cancellation fee depends upon the class, fare, and destination that you choose to fly to however you can avoid the cancellation fee if you book a refundable ticket or if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours from the point of booking.
Irrespective of any of your ticket types you can avoid the cancellation fee If you cancel a ticket within the next 24 hours from the point of booking.
Come up!! let’s face it, we all have times when we cannot make decisions quickly, right!!
If your answer is yes!! then it’s better to go with refundable because for a non-refundable ticket you have to pay a cancellation fee, usually the so-called “cancellation fee” is deducted from the ticket price which you already paid.
The rest of your ticket money will be refunded in the form of e-credit that comes into use when you book a new flight.
Tips to Avoid Air Canada Cancellation Fee
If you want to avoid the triggering cancelation fee then make your cancelation as quick as possible
As per the Air Canada cancellation policy one can avoid the cancellation fee if he/she canceled his/her ticket within the next 24 hours from the point of booking.
This 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all kind of tickets
However, to make your cancellation hassle-free you can go with the refundable ticket by which you will get access to cancel your ticket whenever you want without paying any kind of cancellation fee.
What is Air Canada’s Cancellation Compensation Policy?
When it comes to cancellation, both sides can cancel a flight. But, this only happens in rare cases. A flight will get canceled by the airlines if they are facing any technical issues or due to bad weather cancel.
Air Canada always prioritizes the passenger’s safety and comfort. So, it will consider all the factors to cancel all the factors before canceling a flight.
It is common to expect compensation when an airline cancels its flight, but there are some rules that you need to know before thinking about compensation.
- Air Canada always tries to rebook another flight if they cancel your flight and they will not charge any kind of additional fee for this process
- If the rebooked flight doesn’t work with your schedule you can request compensation.
- You will get compensation if your cancellation happens from your side.
- If your ticket is canceled due to bad weather then airlines will not give any compensation.
- The rebooking can be done on the airline’s website but you must have to pay certain charges depending on your ticket type.
Air Canada Refund Policy
- As said early if a passenger happens to cancel his/her ticket within the next 24 hours from the point of booking then they can avoid a cancellation fee and they are also eligible to get a complete refund.
- If a passenger cancels their ticket after the risk-free period then they will be charged a cancellation fee and this cancellation fee is deducted from the original payment amount.
- Once the cancellation fee is taken out from your ticket price the rest will be refunded in e-credit form, you can use this e-credit while booking your next flight.
- You can also get a complete refund if you cancel a refundable ticket and the refund will be done in the original form payment mode.
If you booked your ticket with the help of a travel agency then you should contact the travel agency in order to make any changes or to acquire a refund.
How to Get a Refund for an unused Part of a Vacation Package or Voucher
- You can get a refund for the unused part of a vacation package or voucher by placing a request directly through the official website or by making a phone call.
- You can get any refund by visiting the office directly
- The refund will be done in the form of e-credit which you can use to book your future flights.
For further inquiries, you can send an email directly to the airlines
Everyone deserves a week to brush off all the workload and traveling is a way to do that. But, what if sudden changes in the plans happen and you need to cancel your flight.“Exhausting” right!! Cancellation can be exhausting especially if you are eagerly looking forward to a great weekend but the cancellation process all by itself can be a nightmare if you have no idea how does cancelation policy work.
So, if you are someone who wants to cancel your Air Canada flight ticket then keep scrolling your mouse toward the up.
Conclusion: Whatever the plan is it is always important to be on track and know all the updates ahead. It will help you in saving a lot of money, time, and energy. now get all the benefits from your Air Canada ticket as you know all the policies that help you in canceling and getting a refund successfully.
Air Canada Cancellation FAQs
Q1. What if I cancel my Air Canada ticket within 24 hours? Can I get a refund?
Absolutely yes!! According to the 24-hour cancellation policy, you will get a complete refund if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking.
Q2. Is Air Canada giving refunds for cancellation flights?
Yes !! If the airline cancels a flight it arranges a new flight. However, You can claim a refund if you are not comfortable with the new scheduled flight.
Q3. Is it ok if I cancel my Air Canada ticket within 24 hours from the point of booking?
No consequences and No cancellation fee!! Yes, you heard it right, it is a benefit if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours from booking as this allows you to avoid the cancellation fee and you will get a complete refund by this cancellation policy.