Delta Airlines are reputable for customer satisfaction. Recently it has permanently waived the flight change fee in favor of rebooking. If you are wondering how to rebook a flight or what does Delta Airlines rebook flight means then you are at the right place. However, one has to understand that rebooking is an after effect service. It means for any rebooking, one has to either change or cancel the original flight. Thus, the article will also cover how to rebook your Delta tickets.
How to Rebook Flight Delta Airlines?
Delta Airlines rebook flight is now possible both online and offline. However, remember that as per the rebooking policy, only a changed or cancelled flight will be eligible for rebooking. Given below are a few methods for you to approach rebooking:
Delta Airlines Rebooking Via the Official Website
You can use the online resources to rebook your flight. But can only rebook a flight after it has been changed or canceled. Thus, follow these steps for Delta Airlines rebook flight:
- First, visit the official Delta website.
- After that, click on My Trips. You can find it directly on the home page.
- Now enter your pre-booked flight details. Such as:
- You need to enter the six-digit confirmation number alongside the passenger’s first and last name.
- In case you don’t have the confirmation number you can also use the ticket number or the credit/debit card number used during the booking.
- Then, click on the arrow icon and wait for the results to load.
- Now, click on your pre-booked flight and select either Change Flight or Cancel Flight option.
- Once you are done with your modification, click on the Rebook button.
- Lastly the website will redirect you to the payment portal.
- Here you need to pay the fee and the rebooking charges, if applicable.
Delta Airlines Rebook Flights With the App
Online users can also use the exclusive Delta mobile app for rebooking. All you have to do is:
- First, go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to download the Delta App.
- Then download the app and wait for the installation to finish.
- Now, go to the home screen and tap the app icon to launch it.
- After that, go to the “My Trips” segment and enter your booking details, such as:
- Your six-digit confirmation code/ Ticket number/ or credit/debit card details used during the purchase.
- And the passenger’s details like the first and last name.
- Once you retrieve your pre-booked flight, click on it to make modifications.
- Then, click on Rebook.
- You will be redirected to the payment page. Pay the relevant fare difference, rebooking fee if applicable and done.
Rebook Flight Delta Airlines at the Airport
As per the offline approach you can also rebook flight Delta Airlines at the airport. Although it is regarded as a last minute approach, a passenger can contact the Delta ticket counter and request a rebooking. At the time you should be ready with your booking details and the rebooking fee, if applicable. In case of a rebooking due to a missed flight, it can also be done at the airport.
Delta Airlines Rebooking Phone Number
Delta Airlines rebook flight over a phone call is still a popular approach. Follow these steps for your rebooking:
- First, call the Delta customer care at 800-548-3192.
- Then follow the on-call instructions and connect to the airline’s representative.
- After that request a rebooking on a canceled flight or change a flight to rebook it.
- Remember, rebooking is only possible if there is any alteration to the original ticket.
- Lastly provide your booking details and pay the relevant fee.
Delta Flight Rebooking With Credit
Credits are awarded due to numerous reasons. However, you can use these travel credits for a future journey. In order to rebook a flight with credit you will need your cancelled flight details. Then proceed as you’d for a normal reservation. But at the check-out use the credits as a mode of payment. If you have a SkyMiles account things will be easier than your credits will be accumulated at a single place. If not, you have to enter the canceled flight details to use the credits tied to that particular flight. We will examine this in detail further down the article.
Delta Airlines Rebook Flight at Kiosk
A Kiosk is a self-help machine that is installed at airports for the passengers to use the Manage Booking service. You can use the Kiosk to rebook a flight. But it can only rebook a pre-booked flight that has been changed or cancelled.
How to Rebook a Canceled Delta Flight?
The above methods all deal with first changing or canceling a flight and then rebooking it. But what to do if your flight has already been cancelled? Given below is a step-by-step approach to rebook a canceled flight. In order to make things simpler we recommend using the SkyMiles account as you can directly view your cancelled flight.
- First, visit the Delta website.
- Then log into the SkyMiles account.
- After that click on My SkyMiles to view all your canceled flights.
- Now click on the canceled flight you want to rebook.
- Once you click on the flight, you will see a few options such as Request refund, Rebook Trip. Click on Rebook.
- Then you can manage your itinerary as you’d do with a regular reservation.
- Lastly, click on Proceed.
- Now the website will redirect you to the check-out page.
- Here select travel credits as the mode of payment and click on Confirm.
- After a successful payment, your rebooking will be done.
Delta Airlines Rebooking Policy
A set of rules and guidelines govern the Delta Airlines rebook flight, such as:
- Anyone can rebook a flight, provided the flight has been changed or cancelled. Also, any rebooking made within 24 hours of initial reservation will be free of charge.
- A fare difference may apply after rebooking. If the balance is higher the passenger needs to pay the difference, if it is lower than the airline will refund the passenger with travel credits.
- Rebooking can be done both online and offline.
- Only flights operated directly by Delta will be considered eligible.
- If you miss a connecting flight, then you are also eligible for rebooking.
- If the missed flight was due to Delta rescheduling then you will also get a full refund and compensation on top of free rebooking.
- Although you are free to rebook a flight, it is subject to airline availability, thus it can take up to 24 hours.
- Delta Airlines rebook flight needs to be done at least 72 hours prior to the flight departure.
- Same-day Delta Airlines rebooking is not entertained. However, you can rebook flight Delta Airlines in case of emergencies like a marriage or attending a funeral. The airline may consider same-day rebooking under these conditions.
- Any rebooking is only possible before scheduled departure.
Delta Airlines Rebooking Fee
Delta has permanently abolished the flight change fee. Thus, you don’t have to pay any charge to rebook flight Delta Airlines. However, it is only valid for flights originating from North America. Also, it excludes the Basic Economy tickets. Hence, outside consideration, you will still have to pay somewhere between $200 to $400. Also, the fare difference will apply when changing flights.
Important Points Related to the Delta Airlines Rebooking Policy
Delta Airlines rebooking has a few salient points, as such one should heed the policy and take care on certain aspects, like:
- Any rebooking due to an airline-initiated delay/cancellation/rescheduling will be free of cost.
- As such the passenger will be eligible to be rebooked on the earliest possible next flight.
- Also, the airline will rebook free of cost in case of any missed flights. However, if such an event happen due to a connecting flight where the passenger missed the Delta flight then the airline won’t offer any rebooking compensation.
- Rebooking is subject to availability.
- You can’t rebook a same-day flight.
- In case of a connecting flight, rebooking can be made to a different hub at the same destination.
Delta Flight Cancellation Policy
Any Delta Airline rebooking is closely related to the cancellation process. Thus, once should also be aware of the Delta Cancellation policy before rebooking a flight. As such:
- Any week old or more booking can be freely canceled 120 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Under the policy, you can cancel both national and international flights, although the cancellation fee applied would vary.
- As per the DoT guidelines, Delta also offers a Risk-free cancellation period of 24 hours from initial booking. Any cancellation made within this window will not be subject to any fee.
- Any and all Delta tickets are eligible for cancellation. However, the refunds may vary.
- If due to some unforeseen event, you are unable to cancel your flight, Delta offers a free flight change.
- Any airline-initiated cancellation will warrant both: A full refund and compensation as per the Delta Refund policy.
- The refund due to cancellation will be processed within 3 to 4 business days.
Delta Flight Change Policy
Delta flight change policy dictates the following:
- Any changes within24 hour of booking won’t be charged.
- However, a fare difference will still apply.
- If the difference is in your favor the airline will refund you travel credits for future use.
- Some select Fare types do not need to pay the flight change fee even on international flights. They are – Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+, First Class, Delta Premium Select, and Delta One.
- Flight change can be processed both offline and online.
General Things to Consider for Delta Flight Change
You can rebook flight Delta Airlines, but there are a few general things you should consider before a flight change:
- Try to cancel/change/rebook you r flight within the Risk-free 24 hour period.
- A refundable ticket will be best as it can prevent unforseen charges due to extenuating circumstances.
- Refundable tickets are costly but they prevent flight change/cancellation/rebooking fee and sometimes these fee can be evne costlier that your original trip.
- If the Airline cancels your flight due to any reason or under the following conditions you are eligible for a dull refund plus compensation.
- When there is a delay of more than 2 hours.
- There is a route change.
- Delta causes you to miss a connecting flight.
Delta Airlines Rebook Flight – FAQs
Ans: Yes, under the rebooking policy, you can make changes to your flight schedule.
Ans: You need to cancel and reschedule a flight as long as 72 hours prior to boarding.
Ans: The initial 24 hours from the first booking is recognized as the Risk-free period in Delta.
Ans: No, as per the SkyMiles policy and the Delta flight change policy, travel credits are for per passenger per flight.
Ans: According to the new flight change policy, every ticket is eligible for a refund, although some only warrant partial refunds.
Ans: You can use the Manage Booking online or call the customer care to rebook a canceled flight.
Ans: No, as declared under the Refund policy, a travel credit is applicable per passenger per trip.
Ans: No, Delta is under no obligation to do so. And if it does, a rebooking charge will apply.
Ans: If your booking is more than a week earlier from the scheduled departure, then you are free to make changes as late as 120 prior to flight departure.
Ans: Yes, any changes made during the 24-hour Risk-free period is free of cost.
Ans: You can change Delta flight by using Manage Booking.
Ans: Yes, according to the new policy, every ticket is eligible for a refund. Although the amount will vary.
Ans: Typical travel credits last for one year.