After having a killer productive week all we can wish is a quick holiday getaway. Yet, 2020 has seriously been a hard pill to swallow, and traveling has become a wish that never comes true. To top this unexpected situation here comes to the crushing pain called “cancellations fee”. But expecting the unexpected and being ready for any kind of situation will not only make your life simpler and easier but this also saves you a lot of money. Well, if you are someone wondering about the Alaska Airlines cancellation policy then you are in the right place as we take you through all the terms and conditions that are left unknown.
How to cancel a flight in Alaska?
A step-by-step guide to cancel your Alaska Airlines flights:
- Visit the official website of Alaska Airlines (www.alaskaair.com) and log in with your personal details.
- Select the “my trips” option that shows up on the homepage of the website
- Now, tap on the “cancel” button.
- After making a cancel request you will be led to another tab that asks you to confirm your cancellation.
- After confirming your cancellation you will get a notification confirming your cancellation officially.
- You will get a refund if your ticket passes the eligibility criteria, you can also make a call to the Alaska Airlines Cancellation Phone number, to cancel or change your ticket.
What are the ways to change my Alaska Airlines booking?
Visit the Alaska Airlines website. Once you login into your account tap on manage reservations and request to change your reservation.
You will also change your ticket by making a call to 800-252-7522, The customer service of Alaska Airlines to change your booking.
Can I change my Alaska Airlines booking?
Similar to the Alaska Airlines cancelation policy you can change your booking within 24 hours from the point of booking. The terms and conditions for canceling and changing are almost the same.
- To change your reservation you should have purchased your ticket directly from Alaska Airlines through their official website, at the Alaska Airlines ticket counter, or by directly making a call to Alaska Airlines reservations phone number.
- If you are someone traveling inside the US, Canada, and Mexico then you can make changes.
- You should not have more than 8 segments
- According to the Alaska Airlines policy, your ticket is eligible to change only 13 months before the original ticket issue date.
- Your ticket is eligible only if it is not a part of any kind of package.
Here is everything that you need Alaska Airlines Cancellation policy
- Alaska Airline has a 24-hour cancellation policy with which you can cancel your ticket without bothering about the cancellation fee.
- You will also get a complete refund, however, according to this policy you should successfully cancel your in the next 24 hours from booking.
- If you decide to cancel your ticket after 24 hours since booking then you should pay a cancellation fee depending upon the fare and class you booked. The cancellation and the refund process vary from one ticket to the other as it depends upon the type of ticket, class, and fare you chose to fly with.
Let’s explore the types of tickets and how Alaska Airlines’ cancellation policy is applied to that particular type of ticket.
1. Saver Ticket:
You are not allowed to cancel a saver ticket unless you cancel it within 24 hours from the point of booking. If you purchased a saver fare and decided to cancel it for any reason then hurry up and place a cancellation ticket within 24 hours from the point of booking.
2. Main Cabinet Ticket:
They must cancel your main cabinet ticket 24-hour before booking to avoid the cancelation fee but if you cancel your ticket after 24 hours from the point of booking then you have to pay $125 as a cancelation fee. However, you can also save yourself from the frustrating cancellation fee if you are a member of MVP gold or if you planned to route within the state of Alaska.
After the cancellation of your ticket, the amount that is left after the deduction of the cancellation fee will be refunded in the form of credit that you can use for your future flight.
According to the Alaska Airlines policy, this credit is valid up to a year from the ticket issued date.
Did you Book a Non-refundable ticket?
That may put you in trouble if you decide to cancel your ticket. To get rid of that it is suggested to cancel your ticket in the next 24 hours. But, in case you haven’t canceled your ticket in the Risk-free period you will be charged a cancellation fee of $125.
The cancellation fee will be subtracted from the original ticket fare and the rest of the amount will be refunded in credit form which can be used to book your upcoming trips. You don’t have to bother about the cancellation fee if you are a member of MVP gold.
3. First-Class (Refundable):
Refundable tickets will safeguard your inner peace as this ticket allows you to cancel your ticket any time before the date of departure and you will not be charged any kind of cancellation fee and the refund will be done in the original payment mode within a week.
4. Award Ticket:
The cancellation of the Award ticket will work in the same way. The 24-hour cancellation policy comes into play if you want to save 125$ along with miles. Despite the terms, if you are a member of MVP gold then you can avoid the cancellation fee.
Alaska Airlines cancellation 24-hour policy:
According to Alaska Airlines 24-hour policy, one can avoid the cancellation and change fees irrespective of their type of ticket by canceling or changing their ticket within the next 24-hours from the point of booking.
Cancelation policy due to covid-19:
Alaska Airlines took responsibility and made its own rule book as the customer well-being is their priority. As a part of this process, Alaska Airlines came up with a cancelation policy to calm down the covid-19 situation and to serve their passengers with full potential. Here are the details of cancellation and change fee-related information about Alaska Airlines. The Alaska Airlines cancellation policy due to covid-19 says:
- The cancellation and change fee for tickets that are booked on February 26 to travel between March 9, 2020, to May 21, 2020, will be waived.
- The cancellation and change fee for tickets that are booked on February 27th and April 30, 2020, to travel on February 28, 2021, will be waived.
What is the penalty if I cancel my Alaska ticket?
The penalty depends upon your ticket type, nevertheless, you can still get rid of it by following the 24-hour cancellation policy.
But if you cancel your ticket after the risk-free period then you have to pay a cancelation fee of $125.
The cancellation fee will be subtracted from the original ticket amount and the leftover amount will be refunded in the form of e credit that you can use to book your upcoming trips.
Alaska Airlines Refund Policy:
- As per the Alaska Airlines refund policy, one can get a complete refund if they cancel their ticket within the next 24 hours from the point of booking, irrespective of their ticket type.
- A customer can also get a full refund if they book a refundable ticket.
- But, If a customer makes a reservation with any other type of ticket like nonrefundable and award then he/she will be charged an amount of $125 as a cancellation fee. However, this applies only to customers who canceled after 24 hours from the point of booking.
- After deducting the cancellation fee from the total amount the refund will be made with the rest of the amount in credit form, which you can use for your future flights.
Alaska Airlines Ticket Refund Eligibility:
There are certain things to keep in mind if you want to get a refund after canceling your Alaska Airlines ticket.
- In order to get a refund, you should have purchased your ticket directly from Alaska Airlines through their official website, at the Alaska Airlines ticket counter, or by directly making a reservation call to Alaska Airlines reservations phone number.
- If you purchased a saver ticket the chances of getting a refund will be narrowed down, you can get a refund only if you cancel your ticket within the grace period, once the clock ticks off you might have to forget the saver ticket
- According to the Alaska Airlines policy, your ticket is valid up to a year from the ticket issued date.
- Your ticket is eligible only if it is not a part of any kind of package.
- You cannot get a refund if you booked your ticket through a middle man.
- The ticket must be bought in the form of US dollar currency.
- If you have followed all the above criteria then your ticket is eligible for an Alaska Airlines refund.
- A complete refund will be done for a refundable ticket
The ways to know whether I am eligible or not to get a refund from Alaska Airlines?
There are certain factors that you need to consider before requesting a refund. Irrespective of your ticket type and fare you can still get the refund if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours from the point of booking.
Can I use e-credits for my trip?
After canceling your ticket you will get a notification that has a ticket number and the leftover refund amount, switch to your Alaska Airline Account and go to “my wallet” and type in your ticket number Your refund will be available in your e-wallet and you can use that for your future flights.
Conclusion: It is always nice to have a backup plan to get free from an unpredicted situation. So, know every single detail from canceling to getting a refund before packing your bags because One can only enjoy a great travel experience if they possess immense peace within.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can you cancel your Alaska Airlines flight and get a refund?
Ans. Yes!! By following the 24-hour cancellation policy you can easily cancel your ticket, but there is an exception for refundable ticket user as they can cancel anytime without facing any consequences
This does not applies to non-refundable ticket holder as they have pay 125$ if they cancel the ticket
Q, Is it possible to get a complete refund?
Ans. To get a complete refund you should either cancel your ticket in the next 24 hours or you should purchase a refundable ticket.
Q. Should I have to pay a penalty if I cancel my Alaska airline ticket?
Ans. You can avoid cancellation fee if you follow the Alaska Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy or you can also avoid the cancellation fee if you booked a refundable ticket as it allows you to cancel anytime before the day of departure
Q. Will Alaska Airlines waive the change fee?
Ans. It depends upon the type of class and fare you chose to fly. However, Alaska Airlines will waive the change fee if you made a change within 24 hours from the point of booking.
Q. How to skip the penalty if you cancel your Alaska Airlines ticket?
Ans. You can waive the cancellation fee by cancelling your ticket in the next 24 hour from the ticket purchase.
You can also avoid the cancellation fee if you booked a refundable ticket as it allows you to cancel anytime before the day of departure
Q. What happens if I cancel my Alaska flight?
Ans. You will get a ticket number right after canceling your ticket by adding this number to your e-wallet you can avail of the refund.
Get a refundable ticket or follow the 24-hour cancellation policy to get rid of the penalty.
Q. Is it ok if I cancel my ticket in the next 24 hours from the point of purchase?
Ans. Yes!! it is possible as per the 24-hour cancellation policy of Alaska Airlines.
Q. When do Alaska e-credits expire?
Ans. According to the Alaska Airlines policy, your ecredit is valid up to one year before the original ticket issue date.
Q. Does Alaska charge same-day cancellation fees?
Ans. Alaska Airlines charges an amount of $50 for the same-day changes for all kinds of tickets but if you are traveling with California you will be charged an amount of $25.