Whether to see you’re loved once or to cut some slack off after those long working weekdays or maybe joining some of your folks to have the greatest fun of all times traveling is the most exciting and relaxing move. But unfortunately, you might have to call off those plans to justify various reasons.
Cancelling can be a little terrifying if you think about the time-consuming and hectic process that you have to go through. If you are someone who booked a flight with Delta Airlines then this article is for you, as we are going to give a step by step process of delta flight cancellations.
The Steps to Cancel Your Delta Airlines Flight:
Delta Airlines cancellation policy varies from plan to plan. So the process of canceling changes according to what kind of plan you have chosen to fly.
- First, visit the official Delta Airlines website
- Then, you have a choice to either log in to your SkyMiles account or continue as a guest.
- For those who do not have a SkyMiles membership, you can click on My Trips and fill in your booking details such as:
Your six-digit confirmation number or your thirteen-digit ticket number. You can find those on the email you received at the time of your booking.
- If you do not have access to either, you can use the credit/debit card details that paid for the ticket.
- Additionally, you will also have to enter the passenger’s first and last name.
- Now click on the arrow icon and wait for the search results.
- Then, click on your pre-booked flight.
- Here, you will find two options:
- Start Flight Change
- Start Flight Cancellation.
- Select Flight Cancellation and click on Confirm.
- Then, on the check-out page confirm your refund amount and the applied cancellation fee, as per the fare type.
Delta Basic Economy Ticket Cancellations
If you happened to book a basic economy ticket then get up right now and make a move. Because, as per the cancellation policy, the Basic Economy ticket will not be eligible for cancellation after 24 hours from the point of booking.
So, you need to cancel your ticket 24 hours from the time of booking and as per the policy you don’t have to pay any kind of cancellation fee and you can get a complete refund in the original form of payment.
Delta Non-Refundable Ticket Cancellation
You cannot get any refund if you cancel or change a Non-Refundable ticket. But, you can get the amount in a redeem form which can be used for your future flights. To get redeem, you must pay some cancelation fees, and here are the steps to cancel your non-refundable ticket.
A step-by-step guide to cancel a Non-refundable ticket:
- First, make sure that your flight is yet to depart. As there is no meaning to cancel a flight after departure.
- Then, go to the official Delta website and click on My Trips or login to your SkyMiles account.
- Then enter the booking details and select the flight you want to cancel.
- After that click on the Modify Flight button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Lastly, make sure of your refund amount and cancellation fee.
Note: No cancellation fee will be applied for the following Non-refundable tickets:
- Any main cabin or above ticket within the US, Puerto Rico and USVI
- OR any flight originating from North America to the rest of the world.
NOTE: You won’t be getting any refund after the cancelation.
Delta Refundable Ticket Cancellation
Cancelation is made easy and tension free with a Refundable ticket. It is great to go with a Refundable ticket even when you have the smallest doubt about canceling your ticket.
A step-by-step guide to cancel a Refundable ticket:
- To cancel your Refundable ticket you should visit the official website.
- Login with your details.
- Select manage “booking section”.
- Now click on “cancel”.
- You will get notified through email or text message.
- You will get the refund in the original payment method.
Delta Award Ticket Cancellation
Award tickets are those that are booked using travel credits. You can cancel your Award ticket without any hassle. The process involves super easy steps so, sit back and follow the given steps.
A step-by-step guide to cancel an Award ticket:
- To cancel your Award ticket visits the delta website.
- Log in by entering your details.
- Select “modify flight” on the top right corner.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
Also remember that, Basic Economy Award tickets are Non-refundable and Non-changeable. But you can still cancel those after paying a fee in Miles. The value will be deducted from your credit.
Cancel Delta Flight Over the Phone
Delta airline offers 24/7 reservation sales services to utilize their services go to the official website of delta airlines loin with your details and visit the contact us page and select the kind of Delta Airlines reservation sales service you are looking for and contact them. Do you also need help? Tab to get answers for all your questions related to cancellation and refund. You can also cancel Delta flight over a phone call. Follow these steps to do so:
- First, call the Delta customer care center at 1-800-548-3192 .
- After that, provide your booking details and request a flight cancellation.
- Then, follow the on-call instructions given by the airline representative.
- Lastly, make sure of your refund amount and cancellation fee, if applicable.
Delta Airlines Cancel Flight at the Airport
You can also cancel the Delta flight at the airport. All you have to do is contact the airline representative at the ticket counter and request a flight cancellation after providing your booking details.
Canceling Delta Flights Purchased From the Third Party
Tickets that are booked directly from the delta websites are easily canceled and refund will be done as per the Delta Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy but this policy is not applicable if you booked your ticket through a third-party ticketing website.
Delta Cancellation Policy
Delta Airlines cancel flight occurs as per its policy. As such, given below are a few rules and regulations:
- You cancel cancel any ticket as long as it was purchased directly from the airline.
- The latest you can cancel a flight is 2 hours prior to scheduled departure.
- But the booking must be at least a week or more old.
- You can cancel both domestic and international flights with a slight change in rules.
- The airline also offers a 24-hour risk-free period during which, any cancellation will be free of cost and subject to a full refund.
- Delta has multiple fare type such as Non-refundable, refundable, and Award tickets. You can cancel either with varying refunds.
- If by some chance you couldn’t cancel your flight, Delta can then provide a flight change as per your requirements.
- Sometimes your itinerary, departure time, date and destination can also affect flight cancellations. In such situations keep calm and contact the airline.
- Only refundable tickets qualify for a full refund after the risk-free period.
- You can’t cancel a Basic Economy ticket.
- If Delta cancel flight, you will get a full refund and also some compensation as per the situation of said cancellation.
- You can expect a refund within 3-4 business days.
Delta Cancellation Policy for 24-Hour Risk-Free Period
The delta 24-hour cancellation policy is only applied to the customers who book directly through delta’s official website “delta.com” or an app called “fly delta”. As per the cancellation policy under the US DoT advisory, Delta offers a 24-hour risk-free period.
As such, you are free to cancel a flight, regardless of fare type, and get a full refund. Also, no cancellation fees will be charged. However, there must be at least 7 days or more between said cancellation and scheduled flight departure.
But there are a few exceptions to this policy:
- SkyMiles reward tickets do not adhere to this policy.
- Similarly, group bookings with more than 9 passengers are also exempted.
- Furthermore, any flights that have already been rebooked or redeemed with travel credits are outside the scope of this policy.
- Any flights purchased with an e-Certificate are also disqualified.
Delta Flight Cancellations Policy for Refundable Tickets
You can cancel a refundable ticket while keeping in mind the following:
- You can cancel these tickets 3 hours prior to boarding and still get a refund.
- If you are holding a Refundable ticket of the Main cabin or higher, the limit for cancellation extends to two hours prior to departure.
- But you will only be refunded the air travel amount. Even if you purchased the Refundable ticket bundled with hotel bookings and car rentals.
- In case of a no-show, you can still claim a refund, if you pay the no-show penalty of $150 alongside the cancellation fee, if applied.
Delta Flight Cancellations Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
Policy for cancelling Non-refundable tickets:
- A cancellation fee will apply, and the refund will be issued as travel credits for future use.
- You won’t be charged any cancellation fee if you’re holding a Non-refundable ticket for Main cabin or higher, as explained above.
- Non-refundable tickets don’t qualify for extra legroom or seat upgrade.
- You can also claim a refund if the Delta Airlines cancel flight.
Delta Flight Cancellations Policy for Basic Economy Tickets
Although you are free to cancel Basic Economy during the 24-hour risk-free period, such tickets have numerous restrictions. As such they incur a cancellation fee of $99 to $199. Also, any refunds if made, will be in the form of travel credits.
Delta Cancellation Policy for Award Ticket
- Award tickets also observe the same guidelines as cash fares, but there is a bit of flexibility. For such tickets, you can get refunds in most of the cases. And that too without paying the cancellation fee.
- However, the Basic Economy award ticket is an exception as it is quite restricted. You can’t cancel it outside the 24-hour risk-free window.
- To cancel Basic Eco award tickets, you have to pay the cancellation fee in miles. Short-haul charge is 9900 miles while long-haul trips can cost you 19900 miles.
- But on the positive note you are free to cancel Award tickets as and when you want before flight departure.
Delta Cancellation Policy For COVID-19 (2023 Updated)
For those who have had their flights disrupted due to COVID-19, can follow the below-mentioned rules and regulation:
- No cancellation fee will apply.
- Also, a refund will be made in the form of travel credits.
- But fare difference need to be paid.
- Even during COVID, you can’t cancel a Basic Economy ticket for a refund.
- For tickets purchased on or before April 30, 2021.
- Delta cancel flight is possible. And you will get a full refund.
- But it will be valid only a particular period.
- And you must use the travel credits received before 31 December 2022.
- For tickets purchased a ticket after April 30, 2021
- Flight change possible.
- Normal cancellation policy will be followed.
- You need to ensure that the cancellation takes place prior to scheduled departure.
Delta Flight Cancellation Policy for Medical Reasons
As per the cancellation policy, the airline allows you to cancel a flight due to medical reasons. If you suddenly fall ill before a flight departure, you can cancel a flight. However, in such cases, it is required to provide sufficient proof, and you’d need some documentations for the same.
Delta Flight Cancellation Policy Due to Weather
The airline can cancel a flight due to bad weather. If it does, you can get a full refund regardless of the fare type.
Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to Military Duty/Order
Sometimes a military personnel can be traveling with Delta and has to cancel abruptly due to a military order. In such cases, the airline will not charge any cancellation fee and and provide full refund.
Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy for Vacations
Given below is the cancellation policy for Vacation bookings:
- NO cancellation fee for any bookings between May 1, 2021, and December 31, 2022.
- Refund during this period will be in the form of Delta Vacation Travel Certificate.
- The Credit itself is Non-Refundable.
- It is valid up to December 2024.
- For refund in the original mode of payment, contact the customer care at this number: 1-800-548-3192 .
- If booked separately, Hotels need a deposit of $50 which is Non-Refundable.
- Refund is the total cost of booking minus fees and nonrefundable services.
- If booked with Miles, you will be refunded a voucher.
- Additional fees may apply.
- Unaccompanied Minors will be denied service.
Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation Fees:
Delta Flight Cancellation Fee
|Fare Type||Time of Travel||Flight Departure Origin|
|24-hour from Booking||After the Risk-Free Period||Within 24 hours of Departure||Anywhere||Europe||Middle East, India, Africa|
|Basic Economy||Free||$99 to $199||$99 to $199||$99||$150||$199|
|Non-Refundable||Free||0 to $500||0 to $500||0 to $500||0-$500||0 to $500|
SkyMiles Award Ticket Cancellation Fee
|Ticket Type||Time of Travel|
|Within 24 Hours of Booking||After 24 hours of Booking|
Delta Vacation Cancellations & Change Fee
Delta Vacation cancellation & change fee
|Reservation Type||Time Before Departure|
|31 Days Or More||11-30 Days||4-10 Days||0-3 Days|
|Airfare||No Fee will be charged on any cancellation before 31 December 2022. However, after flight departure, the ticket will lose full value.|
|Flights/Hotel and Hotels Only Reservation||Hotel + Air||All Hotels||Free||$100||$200||Non-Refundable|
|(and 50% to 100% of total value)*|
|Hotel Without Air||All Hotels||$50||$100||$200||Non-Refundable|
|(Revision Fee of $250 to $750)|
|Misc Refundable||~||No Penalty/Fee||Non-Refundable|
Delta No Show Policy
If a passenger fails to show/board/check-in a confirmed booking, he will be regarded as a No-Show. As such, the airline has the right to forfeit the total travel fare and add a penalty.
Here are some guidelines associated with the No-Show policy:
- It is applicable to all fare types.
- Also, in an event of multiple booking, the most restrictive fare rule will apply.
- But it is only applicable on flights directly operated by Delta.
Delta Airlines Cancelled Flights Compensation Policy
Here is the compensation policy for when Delta cancel flight:
- You will get a full refund, regardless of fare type. And the mode of refund will depend on the passenger.
- You can also claim a refund if the flight was cancelled due to controllable reasons such as:
- Technical malfunction
- Unavailable pilots
- Delta can also offer you an alternate flight free of cost.
- You can also get added benefits like:
- Meals and refreshments
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense claim
Delta Flight Delay Compensation
Delta Flight Delay Compensation
|Delay||Distance between Origin and Destination||Amount|
|3 Hours or More||Less than 2000 Km||$250|
|Between 2000 and 4000 Km||$500|
|More than 4000 Km||$750|
Note: The compensation will only be valid if the airline fails to provide an alternate flight or failed to notify the passenger at least 14 days prior said cancellation.
Policy When Delta Cancels Flights
In case of any airline-initiated cancellation where Delta Airlines cancel flight, you can refer to the following:
- In case of a delay of more than 2 hours, passengers can claim free meals and refreshments.
- If the connecting flight is more than 6 hours late, Delta may rebook you on a different flight.
- You can also ask for a refund.
- If the rebooked flight is on the next day, you are entitled to an overnight stay.
- If the flight was cancelled due to bad weather the airline can refund you the fare or rebook an alternative flight.
- But you can only claim compensation if the airline notified you within less than fourteen days from flight departure.
- Also, if you miss any connecting flights due to a cancellation on Delta’s behalf, you are entitled to a refund, compensation and or a free rebooking.
- But if you miss your Delta flight due to a late/cancelled flight of other airline, Delta is not obligated to provide any recourse.
- If the airline denies you boarding, due to overbooking, you are entitled to a refund as well as a compensation.
But if the airline offered you an alternate flight within one hour of the cancelled flight departure, you will miss out on compensation.
- A Compensation can range up to 200% of the original fare.
Apply for a Refund When Delta Cancelled Flights or Unused Trip Purchase
Delta offers free rebooking on alternate flight if there is a flight cancellation or significant delay. The airline can, instead, also offer a refund in the form of travel credits. But sometimes you can request for a refund by visiting the official website or writing to the customer care.
However, passengers must note, not all amenities are refundable in nature. For further information you have to check the individual terms and conditions of the packages offered.
Delta Flight Cancellation Ticket Refund Eligibility
Although you can cancel your ticket and claim a refund, it depends on your eligibility as per the Delta guidelines.
- Any cancellation within the 24-hour risk-free period will warrant a full refund.
- Also, in case of an airline-initiated cancellation you can claim a refund.
- The same holds true for significant flight delays.
- A Refundable ticket is eligible for a refund.
- In case of a sudden death in the close family or illness.
- A Delta Platinum or Diamond Medallion member can also claim a refund.
- In case of a military deployment.
- Also, as per Delta’s discretion.
Refund Eligibility as per fare type:
- Need to cancel the flight first.
- Also, the ticket must have been purchased via cash, credit or check.
- No cash refunds will be made.
- Refund will be calculated after subtracting the cancellation fee.
- Refund will only be made within the 24-hour risk-free period.
- Otherwise, you will lose the total fare value.
- If you used your miles to pay the whole fare, you can claim a refund.
Pay with Miles Ticket
- SkyMiles Amex Card members can use the Pay with Miles feature to redeem a flight.
- You can get a refund but only as travel credit.
Combo Award Tickets
- If you used both travel credits and cash to buy a ticket, the cash will be forfeited and not refunded.
No refund will be made for upgraded tickets if you used travel credits for the update. However, if you cancel within 24 hours, you will get the credits back.
How to Cancel a Delta Flight and Get a Refund?
How to get a refund depends on when you booked the flight, your fare type and how you purchased your ticket. AS such:
24 hour Refunds
- The refund is automatic if you cancel your flight within the risk-free period.
- You do not have to file a refund request.
- But the refund will depend on your mode of payment.
- You have to make sure to cancel your flight first.
- Then submit a claim with Delta.
- You can submit this claim offline as well as offline.
- Also, the ticket must be purchased with cash, credit or check.
- These can’t be refunded.
- But you can still get travel credits.
- Also, a cancellation fee will apply.
Basic Economy Tickets
- Refund only possible within the 24-hour risk-free period.
How to Initiate a Refund Request Due to Delta flight Cancellation?
If you want to claim the refund within 24 hours of booking then follow these steps:
- First, visit Delta website.
- Then login to your account or continue as a guest.
- Now click on My Trips and enter your booking details.
- Your confirmation number
- Or your ticket number
- Plus, passenger’s full name
- Then, click on your pre-booked flight and select Modify.
- Lastly cancel it.
- Your refund will be credited automatically after calculations.
- The total refund amount will depend on your fare type as it can include cancellation fee, which needs to be subtracted.
- Your refund will be credited automatically after calculations.
If you want to claim a refund after the 24-hour risk-free period, then:
- First, go to the Delta website and cancel your flight, as mention above.
- Then click on Need Help?
- After that click on Refund Help.
- Now, chose the link as per your fare type.
- Lastly, fill in the online Delta refund form and wait for further notice.
You can also use the offline methods to approach a refund request. Here’s how:
- First, call the Delta Customer Care center at +1 800-221-1212.
- For award tickets refunds call:+1 800-323-2323
- Then, follow the on call instructions to connect to the airline representative.
- After that request a refund.
How to Cancel a Delta Flight and Use Travel e-Credit?
In order to cancel your flight and use Travel e-Credit, first visit the official website. Here you can verify your credit value, expiration date and use the credit for future travel.
- First, go to the official website.
- Then click on Book to make a new reservation.
- Now, select your departure and destination alongside date of the trip and amount of passengers.
- Then create your itinerary.
- Lastly, on the check-out page, select e-Credits as your mode of payment.
How to Track Your Delta Refund?
You can track your refund status by following the below mentioned steps:
- First, visit the official Delta Airlines website.
- Then, click on Need Help?
- Now, select Refund Help and wait for the page to load.
- After that, scroll down and click on Check My Refund Status.
- Now, enter the following details:
- Passenger First and Last name.
- Ticket or Document Number.
- And the Refund Request Number.
- Then, click on Continue to know your refund status.
You can also call the Delta customer care center at 800-847-0578 for further information.
Delta Flight Change Policy:
- According to Delta flight change policy, the changing of flights completely depends on the fare and class you chose to fly in.
- If you booked a ticket in the basic economy you are not allowed to make any kind of changes after 24 hours of booking.
- The flight fares can go from highly-priced to half price so you might consider changing your flight that goes easy on your pocket.
- This is possible with the rest of the fares as delta doesn’t charge any fee for non-refundable refundable and Award tickets.
- However, you need to make changes before 24-hours from the time of departure.
If you happen to change for a cheaper flight then the rest of the amount will be refunded to your credit in the case of a non-refundable ticket. Whereas, in a refundable ticket the rest of the amount will be refunded in the original payment mode. In the case of award tickets, the rest of the Sky Miles will be refunded too.
Canceled Your Ticket..? Here are the Next Steps to Get Your Money Back
According to delta’s 24-hour policy, you can get your money without any hassle if you cancel your trip within 24 hours from the point of booking.
But if you want to cancel your flight after 24 hours of booking it depends upon what fare you chose to fly, if it is a Refunding ticket you will get your refund in the original payment mode as soon as possible. However, this won’t be the same if you booked a non-refundable as you will be charged a certain amount for cancellation and you will get the money in redeem form which you can use for your future flights.
The cancellation fee changes according to your destination and the fare you have chosen.
Refunds Due to Schedule Changes or Delays
If a flight is changed or delayed a customer can request a refund by canceling the ticket. Even if you don’t cancel the ticket you are allowed to change your flight once without paying any fee. Usually when a schedule change or delay occurs delta sends a message to all the customers by reporting the reason for the flight change or delay. In this kind of situation mostly the ticket will be “revalidated”.
It takes at least 72 hours for a ticket to get revalidated once the flight is changed.
The revalidated ticket will have the updated flight, date, time, and booking class data and everything will be notified to the customer before a week or so.
Refunds Due to Getting Kicked Off From the Plan
This is a very rare situation as delta flights only kick off people who are suspicious or causing a disturbance in the flight. Especially if you annoy your fellow passenger.
In this kind of situation, delta will make sure to give you a refund for the rest of the unused portion of your ticket.
Conclusion: No matter what kind of fare and destination you chose to fly to, always make sure to know all the criteria related to cancellation, rebooking, and refund. To get the most out of the services of Delta, be prepared to face any kind of situation from flight delays to cancellations.
Delta Airlines Cancellation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What do I do if my flight is canceled?
Ans. Immediately get in touch with the airline customer services and request for a rebooking if possible or visit the website and request for a refund.
Q2. What happens if I cancel my Delta flight?
Ans. These questions usually lead to refund and the process of refund depends upon what kind of fare, destination, and time of cancellation. if you cancel your plan within 24 hours from the point of booking you will get your refund as per delta’s 24-hour cancellation policy but if you are canceling after 24 hours then the chances of refunding will depend upon the fare.
Let’s say, you booked a refundable ticket then you will get the refund in the original payment method without any cancellation fee.
If it is a non-refundable ticket then you have to pay a $200$ to $500 cancellation fee depending upon your destination and the refund will be done with the redeeming which you can use to book your future flights.
Q3. Can I cancel a Delta flight within 24 hours?
Ans. Yes!! You can cancel your delta flight within 24 hours and you will receive a complete refund without any cancellation fee.
Q4. What is the next step if you cancel a non-refundable flight?
Ans. If you cancel your non-refundable flight after 24 hours from the point of booking then you have to pay a cancellation fee which varies from $200 to $500.
The cancellation fee changes according to your destination you picked to fly and a refund is done in the form of redeeming which you can use for your future flights.
To avoid the cancelation fee you should cancel your flight within 24 hours from the point of booking.
Q5. Will Delta waive my cancellation fees?
Ans. Yes!! Only if you cancel within 24-hours from the point of booking. As per Delta 24- hour cancellation policy any kind of ticket canceled within 24 hours from the point of booking is allowed to get a complete refund without any cancellation fee.
Q6. How will I know if my flight is canceled?
Ans. Delta airlines will send a notification to the customer if there is any cancelation or delay of the flight. However, now customers can check the status of their flight through delta.com or the Fly Delta app.
Q7. Are Delta flights canceled?
Ans. Yes!! Flights usually get canceled to avoid bad travel experiences. Bad weather is one of the common reasons among many.
Q8. How much compensation do you get for Cancelled flights?
Ans. You can claim a full refund if delta airlines cancel your flight. But, you are lucky if you are flying from a European flight you can get compensation up to USD 700 per person as per the European law EC 261.
Q9. Can I cancel a flight and get a refund?
Ans. Yes!! According to the 24-hour cancellation policy, one can get a complete refund if they cancel their ticket in 24 hours from the time of booking. You can also get a complete refund if you booked a refundable ticket. But, if you went with the non-refundable ticket you have a pay cancelation fee and the refund is done in the form redeem which you can use to book your next flights.
Q10. Does Delta offer trip cancellation insurance?
Ans. Yes!! Delta offers trip cancellation insurance. With this insurance, you can cancel your trip for any reason and save yourself from cancellation fees but you have to cancel before the departure time.
Q11. What are the covered reasons for trip cancellation Delta?
Ans. The reasons to cancel a trip are innumerable. A trip cancelation is done by the airline to avoid a bad customer experience. Some of the reasons to cancel a flight are listed below.
- Bad weather
- Air traffic restrictions
- Security issues
- Mechanical issues
- Computer glitch
- Missing crew
Q12. Is Delta free cancellation possible?
Ans. Yes, you can cancel your Delta flights for free, if you purchased a Refundable ticket or you cancelled your flight within the 24-hour risk-free period.
Q13. Has Delta canceled flights?
Ans. Yes, the airline can cancel a flight due to controllable and or unseen circumstances.
Q14. What is the latest policy for Delta Airlines flight cancellations?
Ans. AS per the policy, Delta allows you to cancel any ticket purchased directly with it. It also provides a 24-hour risk-free period.
Q15. How to maximize your Delta flight delay compensation?
Ans. You should heed your flight status seriously as the rules are comprehensive, and they cover a wide variety. Hence, to maximize your compensation you have to follow the cancellation compensation policy.
Q16. Will you get refunds for Delta flights cancelled today within 24 hours?
Ans. Yes, any cancellation will warrant a refund if it was done within the risk-free period.
Q17. Does Delta offer a refund if the price goes down?
Ans. Delta will refund you the balance fare difference if you book your new flight for cheaper, However it will be in the form of travel credits.
Q18. When does Delta free cancellation due to cancel fee waiver apply?
- If you buy a refundable ticket.
- If Delta cancels your flight.
- Any fare type, other than Basic Economy.
- If you cancel a flight within 24 hours of initial booking.
Q19. What happens if I cancel a flight on Delta?
Ans. If you cancel a flight on Delta, depending on your fare type, you may get a refund.
Q20. Can I get my money back if I cancel a flight on Delta?
Ans. Yes you can get a refund, but it will have to adhere to the cancellation and refund policy.
Q21. How much does it cost to cancel a Delta flight?
Ans. The Delta cancellation fee ranges from $99 to $199 for the Basic Eco ticket. For Non-refundable tickets, it costs 0 to $500.
Q22. Till when can I cancel Delta flight?
Ans. The latest you can cancel a flight is 2 hours prior to scheduled flight departure.
Q23. Can I cancel a Non-Refundable ticket and get a refund?
Ans. You can cancel your Non-Refundable and get travel credits as refund
Q24. How long is Delta e-Credit good for?
Ans. Typically, Delta e-Credit has a validity of 1 year.
Q25. Can I make a Delta refund request over a phone call or mail? How?
Ans. You can cancel and request a refund over a phone call or vie letter.
Q26. How long does flight delay compensation Delta take?
- For credit purchased – 7 to 10 business days
- For cash purchase – 20 business days.
Q27. Can I change my Delta flight twice?
Ans. You are free to change your flight as long as you pay the change fee and relevant fare difference.
Q28. Is Delta Airlines flight cancellations for free possible?
Ans. Yes, as long as you cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking.