Frontier Airlines is a well received United States airlines known for being highly competitive in pricing. As a major air carrier, it prides itself on being an ultra low-cost airline. Frontier Airlines operates from Denver, Colorado and manages over 100 domestic as well as 31 international destinations. As of now, having acquired Spirit Airlines, a competing ultra low-cost carrier, Frontier Airlines has become the fifth largest in the States. The airline focuses primarily on customer satisfaction. And it is evident in its customer care. Services like Manage Booking is well received and helps passengers plan their upcoming trips. It also allows for sudden changes, for example if you made a spelling mistake during booking, Frontier Name Change has it covered as it can be rectified in a blink.
How to Change Name on Frontier Tickets?
Manage Booking has made name change Frontier Airlines easier. All a passenger has to do is to head to the official website and rectify the errors using this self-help booking management tool. However, the scope of online corrections are a bit limited as it only includes minor changes like spelling mistakes and that too are limited by the number of letters one can edit. Hence, any major corrections are still reliant on offline support, which we will also cover.
Online Frontier Name Change :
As we all know, Manage Booking is fast, easy and convenient enough for anyone to plan and modify their trips. It can be done online via the official airline website. Thus, passengers who want to make a certain Frontier Airlines name change can do so by simply following the detailed steps described underneath:
- First, go to the Frontier Airlines official website.
- Then locate the Travel tab on the home page and move the cursor there.
- Now, on the floating dropdown menu, find Manage Trip under the My Trip section.
- Click it and wait for the page to load.
- Afterward, click on Review/Change.
- Now you have to fill in the relevant booking details so that the website can locate your pre-booked flight
- Such information includes the passenger’s last name during booking and the six-digit confirmation code one receives after a ticket purchase.
- You can find the confirmation code in your email inbox with the itinerary.
- Once you have filled in the details, click on Search and wait for the results to load.
- Now, click on your pre-booked trip and select Change My Flight.
- Then move the cursor to the Name section and click on Edit.
- After that, make your corrections.
- Remember, such corrections are limited and can’t be over 3 letters in total.
- If you need to rectify anything else, it’s best that you use the customer care services.
- When done, you can click on Confirm to submit the name change Frontier Airlines.
- Now, the website will redirect you to the payments page.
- Although most minor name changes are free, a fare difference atop taxes may apply.
- Also, some changes are subject to fare type, travel distance and destination.
- Once you have paid the dues, your new itinerary will be ready.
Change Name on Frontier Ticket Over The Phone
Even today, name change Frontier Airlines remain popular via a phone call. It grants a much-needed human assistance in a time of need, and many passengers fell it to be more reliable. Nonetheless, any major Frontier name change is only possible offline. Thus, it is a feasible approach, where all you need to do is to:
- First, call Frontier customer services at 602-333-5925.
- Then follow the instructions over the call and connect to a representative.
- After that, inform the rep. about your name change and provide your booking information.
- If needed, the agent can ask for legal documents supporting those changes, which you can provide offline via a courier or online through an email.
- Lastly, you will be required to pay the name change fee and your request will be processed.
Name Change Frontier Airlines at the Airport
Similar to the customer care approach over a phone call, you can also visit the Frontier ticket counter at an airport to name change Frontier Airlines. However, it is considered a last minute solution. All you need to do is to ask the representative for a name change and provide booking information alongside required legal documents.
Frontier Airlines Change Name Policy
Frontier name change policy dictates that:
- A passenger can modify his booking directly via the airline if the ticket was bought through the Frontier Airlines.
- If it was bought via a third party/travel agent, then Frontier won’t be responsible for any changes, and you have to contact the respective party.
- Furthermore, it costs around $75 for a name change on Frontier tickets.
- And this cost will be applicable over any taxes and fare differences.
- The policy also requires that the name on the ticket matches that on your passport/government issued photo identification.
- If not, Frontier reserves the right to deny boarding in case of a mismatch.
- The policy doesn’t allow a full name change, including both the first and last name all together. If you want to change both the names, then the only recourse is to cancel your ticket and re-book the trip with the new information.
- Under no circumstances does the airline allow a transfer of ticket ownership.
- You can only make minor name corrections or major name changes under legal obligation.
- Depending on the air traffic, destination, fare type and other factors, a Frontier name change can require assistance from both the support staff online and offline. Furthermore, it can also take as long as 24 hours to reflect the corrected name on your itinerary.
- If your flight has multiple segments involving other airlines, then the most restrictive fare rule will apply and there will be no independent name change Frontier Airlines.
- Other changes like modification to the date of birth, gender, addition of a passengers etc. are not permissible under the Frontier Airlines name change policy.
- If you change name within 24 hours of booking with 7 or more than 7 day s left in departure, then the change will be free under the Frontier Airlines 24-hour risk free period.
- The latest you can name change is 24 hours before scheduled departure.
Frontier Airlines Name Correction Fee
The name change fee is as follows:
- On the same route, you will need to pay a fare difference, if applicable.
- However, a major name change can cost you $75.
- If the change is made within 24 hours of booking, however, then it will be free.
- A Non-refundable ticket is illegible for a Frontier name change.
Frontier Airlines Correction Name on Ticket
Frontier Airlines change name follows the policy and allows passengers to modify names even after a ticket is issued. However, such changes are often major ones with legal considerations, and they can not be done online using the Manage Booking. Furthermore, they cost, which can include taxes, fare difference, a service charge and the name change fee. In order for such changes to be processed, you need to provide proof such as:
- Marriage certificate/license
- Divorce decree or certificate
- An affidavit
- A court order etc.
These Changes are Done in Special Conditions Such As:
- A legal name change
- Adoption etc.
Frontier Airlines Name Change Marriage
In case of marriage after a booking, the name on the ticket will be different from your identification. Thus, such changes need to be rectified in order to successfully board the flight. The good news is that Frontier Airlines allows such legal changes. All you need to do is provide sufficient proof, such as:
- Your old name proof
- Marriage certificate/license
- Your new government issued photo identification.
Furthermore, make sure that the changes are reflected on the passport as well.
Frontier Airlines Change Passenger Name Due to Divorce
The same goes for divorce. You are allowed to name change, granted you provide sufficient documentation. The name change will require a divorce decree/ agreement and your current government issued photo identification.
Frontier Change Name on Ticket Rules
Some important rules under the name change policy are as follows:
- Only 3 letters changes are allowed in a correction in the whole first, middle and last name combined. You can’t misunderstand it as 3 letters per first, middle and last name.
- Corrections also include the alterations, addition and removal of nicknames. And it also allows you to interchange names, bar the last name.
- You can also make legal changes, provided that you submit the necessary documents.
- Any booking done via the Frequent Mileage Points can’t be considered under the name change policy. Reward flights are subject to the Club contract.
- Frontier Airlines forbids the transfer of ticket ownership under any circumstances.
- Sometimes the airline has to reissue tickets after a Frontier name change. Such issuance can be of a similar fare class or lower class, whichever is available.
- If a new PNR has to be generated, the original will be processed as a cancellation and refunded. However, the passenger has to be responsible for the fare difference, if any.
Frontier Name Change – Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Only initials can be entered as the middle name and is subject to the name change policy.
Ans: Yes, as long as you provide the supporting documents, you can change your name on the ticket after marriage.
Ans: Yes, the name change policy allows for both major and minor corrections.
Ans: No, the airline strictly forbids the transfer of tickets.
Ans: Yes, if you are requesting a name change within 24 hours of booking, then it will be free of cost.
Ans: Frontier charges for a name change, as the original PNR has to be cancelled and a new PNR needs to be issued.
Ans: Passengers can use the Manage Booking online to make corrections to their names.